12 Mar - 11 Apr 2019
04 Jan - 01 Mar 2019
30 hours / 10 days
6:30pm to 9:30pm (Tuesday and Thursday)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic (T813)
This course is designed to provide participants with basic electrical installation knowledge in practical design and compliance with statutory requirements in Singapore. The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures and practical sessions.
• Electricity Act as applied to Electrical Installation Work and Electrical Worker
• The general arrangement of voltages used in the Singapore.
• Three phase ac voltages, current and power computation theory and measurement
• The types and characteristics of protective devices used in small electrical installation.
• Electrical single-line diagrams and layout drawings
• Type of cables, cable sizing, colour codes and methods of wiring in small electrical installation.
• Measures used for Protection against electric shock
• Types of earthing systems (TNS, TT) used in Singapore.
• Procedure and methods used in inspection and testing of electrical installation.
The course will be useful to personnel from vocations other than electrical and electronic engineering, people who are involved in quality inspection or technical sales and marketing, technical product applications as well as those who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants are required to be equipped with basic English literacy and possesses knowledge of Ohm’s law and be able to compute resultant of series, parallel resistances.
Participants may wish to bring along scientific calculator for the lessons.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
For more information, you may contact the course coordinator.
Name: Mr Lim Bock Teck Albert.
Tel: 6772 1694
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.