9am to 6pm
Poly Marina, 50 West Coast Ferry Road
This course is designed for Harbour Craft Masters, Engine Drivers and crew on basic maintenance of the main engine and auxiliary systems onboard harbour crafts.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Identify the different types of engines.
2. Perform essential engine maintenance.
3. Perform Testing of the electric systems.
4. Monitor and check the operational conditions of the bilge system.
5. Carry out trouble shooting of common faults of the engine, electrical and bilge systems.
6. Respond to common emergencies onboard.
1. Introduction to types of main engines
2. Engine Maintenance
3. Electrical Maintenance
4. Bilge Maintenance
5. Trouble shooting
7. Practical onboard a boat
Masters, Engine Drivers and crew working onboard harbour crafts.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Able to understand, converse, read and write in basic English
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate.
$950 (before GST)
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
10-11 Oct 2018
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.