9am to 6pm
Poly Marina, 50 West Coast Ferry Road
This course is designed for Harbour Craft Masters, Engine Drivers and crew on basic maintenance of the main engine and auxiliary systems onboard harbour crafts.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Identify the different types of engines.
2. Perform essential engine maintenance.
3. Perform Testing of the electric systems.
4. Monitor and check the operational conditions of the bilge system.
5. Carry out trouble shooting of common faults of the engine, electrical and bilge systems.
6. Respond to common emergencies onboard.
1. Introduction to types of main engines
2. Engine Maintenance
3. Electrical Maintenance
4. Bilge Maintenance
5. Trouble shooting
7. Practical onboard a boat
Masters, Engine Drivers and crew working onboard harbour crafts.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Able to understand, converse, read and write in basic English
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
10-11 Oct 2018
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.