• This programme
- Equips participants with the analytical, preparative and interpretative skills that are critical to those working in a laboratory.
- Is mapped to laboratory technician job roles.
- Is designed with reference to the Energy & Chemicals Skills framework.
• Each module can be taken independently and is stackable.
• Participants can complete these modules at their comfortable learning pace, where there is an option for them to go through the Assessment Only Pathway (AOP) or the Full Training.
• Full training includes 3 hours of training & 4 hours of assessment.
A Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation (Spectroscopy) will be awarded upon successful completion of Modules 1 to 7, in either AOP or Full Training:
|Module||Module Title||More Details||AOP Duration ||Full Training Duration |
|1||Calibration of Volumetric Glassware/ Analytical Balances||Click here ||4 hours||7 hours|
|2||Calibration of Instruments (UV/ Visible Spectrometer & Fourier-transform infrared Spectrophotometer)||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|3||Perform Instrumental Analysis using UV/ Vis Spectrophotometer||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|4||Perform Instrumental Analysis using Fourier Transform-infrared (FT-IR) Spectrometer||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|5||Perform Instrumental Analysis using Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrophotometer (ICP-OES)||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|6||Perform Partial Method Validation via the use of UV/Vis Spectrophotometer||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|7||Perform Comparative Analysis using UV/VIS Spectrophotometer & ICP-Optical Emission Spectrometer||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
A Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation (Chromatography) will be awarded upon successful completion of Modules 8 to 10, in either AOP or Full Training:
|Module||Module Title||More Details||AOP Duration ||Full Training Duration |
|8||Perform Instrumental Analysis using Gas Chromatography (GC)||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|9||Perform Instrumental Analysis using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
|10||Perform Analysis of Organic Compounds using Thin-Layer Chromatography (TLC)||Click here||4 hours||7 hours|
If you complete all 10 Modules, you will receive an additional Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation & Laboratory Techniques, endorsed by Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC, under the Science Council, the UK).
• Personnel and professionals who would like to do a refresher in this skill set as well as getting professional recognition of their skills in the form of formal certification.
• Those who are considering a career switch as a laboratory worker in chemical industries such as environment, oil & gas, personal/ home care and pharmaceutical.
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
GCE ‘N’/'O' Level (or equivalent foreign qualification) and with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
Higher Nitec in Chemical Technology, Biotechnology or related science or technology discipline with at least 1 year of relevant working experience.
Nitec in Technology (Chemical Process Technology) or related science or technology discipline and at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
WSQ Diploma with 3 years' work experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate.
• A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who did not pass the assessment but meet at least 75% attendance rate.
• Upon successful completion of the 10 Modules stated above, it will lead to the award of a Full Certificate – Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation & Laboratory Techniques.
Please refer to the "Register" tab.
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
1. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
2. Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more NTUC members to go for skills upgrading.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
*Terms and conditions apply. Participants must be paid-up NTUC Members with no arrears in membership fees before course commencement and throughout the whole course duration.
*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc. fees etc.
Funding Validity Period: Till Dec 2020
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
NTUC Union Member (with GST)
|Singaporean/PR (Non NTUC Union Member) (with GST)||Non-Singaporean/PR (with GST)||Course Dates || Registration Period||Registration Link |
Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation (Spectroscopy)_AOP
|$140|| $1,330|| $1,750||29 May to 21 Jun 2019|
2 to 23 May 2019
Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation (Chromatography)_AOP
|$60|| $570|| $750||To be advised||-||Register |
Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation (Spectroscopy)_Training+AssessmentModules 1-7
|$350|| $1,995|| $2,730||29 May to 21 Jun 2019|
24 Apr to 23 May 2019
Certificate in Analytical Instrumentation (Chromatography)_Training+AssessmentModules 8-10
|$150|| $855|| $1,170||14 to 29 Aug 2019||6 Jun to 1 Aug 2019||Register |
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
How To Apply
1) Click here to download the Declaration Form
2) Complete the declaration form and prepare the following scanned copies to be uploaded during your registration.
• NRIC/ FIN
• Declaration Form
• Education Qualification
3) Proceed with your online registration.
4) To upload all the required documents to complete your registration.
• Applications without the required documents or incomplete information will not be processed and will be rejected.
• Successful applicants will be notified via email to come for enrolment and make payment (NETS or cheque)
• The Original documents will be required for verification during the enrolment exercise.
Confirmed enrolment is based on a first-come, first-served basis, upon submission of required documents and full payment of the course fee. Registration does not guarantee enrolment in the course. Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.
Terms and Conditions