To be advised
To be advised
24 hours / 3 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
ECSP-Java is a comprehensive course that provides hands-on training covering Java security features, policies, strengths, and weaknesses. It helps developers understand how to write secure and robust Java applications. It also provides advanced knowledge in various aspects of secure Java development that can effectively prevent hostile and buggy code. The benefits of secure Java coding practices include saving valuable effort, money, time, and possibly the reputation of organizations using Javacoded applications.
- Java security principles and secure coding practices
- Java Security Platform, Sandbox, JVM, Class loading, Bytecode verifier, Security Manager, security policies, and Java Security Framework
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle, threat modelling, software security frameworks, and secure software architectures
- Best practices and standards and guidelines for secure file input/output and serialization
- Java input validation techniques, validation errors, and best practices
- Java exceptions, erroneous behaviors, and the best practices to handle or avoid them
- Secure authentication and authorization processes
- Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS), its architecture, Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) Framework, and access permissions through Java Security Model
- Secure Java concurrency and session management that includes Java Memory Model, Java Thread Implementation methods, secure coding practices, and guidelines for handling threads, race conditions, and deadlocks
- Core security coding practices of Java Cryptography that includes Encryption, Key Generator, implementation of Cipher Class, Digital Signatures, Secret Keys, and Key Management
- Various Java application vulnerabilities such as Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF), Directory Traversal vulnerability, HTTP Response Splitting attack, Parameter Manipulation, Injection Attacks and their countermeasures
- Coding testing and review techniques and practices
The ECSP certification is intended for programmers who are responsible for designing and building secure Windows/Web based applications with Java. It is designed for developers who have Java development skills.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should be familiar with Java development and programming.
Mode of Assessment
Students need to pass the exam which will be conducted on the last day of training.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
The ECSP Java exam will be conducted on the last day of training. Students need to pass the exam to receive the ECSP certification from EC Council
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
3. Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more NTUC members to go for skills upgrading.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
*Terms and conditions apply. Participants must be paid-up NTUC Members with no arrears in membership fees before course commencement and throughout the whole course duration.
*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc. fees etc.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.