08 May – 09 May 2019
06 Mar - 30 Apr 2019
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
According to MTI’s forecast announced at the Industry Transformation Map (“ITM”) for Energy and Chemicals Industry, chemical and its related industry in Singapore will play an increasingly significant role in the Energy & Chemicals industry.
These growth development will affect companies, therefore it is critical that the employees are adequately trained to prevent toxic, hazardous and poisonous incidents from occurring.
This course is designed to assist companies to;
1. Increase and improve their capability development
2. Mitigate risk
3. Invest in Human Capital (through safety training)
4. Ensuring environmental, health and safety protocols are adhered.
The objectives of the course is to build up companies Chemical and Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) capabilities and to reduce occupational diseases, injuries and fatalities from potential exposure to hazardous specialty chemicals in chemical industry.
Upon completion of this course, the participants/companies will
• Learn a comprehensive skills to be effective dealing with specialty chemicals in workplace
• Benefit from the consultancy service with on-site assessment,
• Guided on how to close the loops on applying best practice dealing with chemical safety in workplace.
1. Understand their roles & responsibilities in handling specialty chemicals
2. Gain best safe work practises for specialty chemical handling
3. Identify chemicals hazards in specialty chemicals at the workplace
4. Interpret Globally Harmonised System (GHS) of classification and labelling of chemicals
5. React appropriately in chemical emergency through learning in demonstration
6. Understand risk dealing with the specialty chemical waste treatment
7. Gain the knowledge for the plant safety and safety engineering briefly
PMETs & Technicians/ Handlers of Chemicals and its related in companies
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English proficiency & at least a National ITE Certificate (NITEC) or above
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Performance
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
|$56.87r />(incl. GST)||$33.37 |
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Approved
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.