To be advice
9 am to 6 pm
What is this course about?
Creating and delivering a clear and effective presentation is an essential skill for employees at all levels to excel in their work and progress in their career path.
The ability to communicate effectively is key to one’s career progression and work effectiveness. This small class size, interactive 2-day course will coach you to:
1. Develop a visually appealing and concise deck of PowerPoint slides to convey your message
2. Engage with the audience to deliver to your message effectively
Check out our course facebook page at www.facebook.com/groups/craftingpres
- Develop your sense of design through observation and critiquing a collection of presentation slides
- Understand your audience & how to effectively grab audience attention with a story
- Develop and plan the story flow & organizing content in a clear and focused structure
- Construct your key messages and information the way you want the audience to understand
- Keys to creating effective visuals with consistent style, using font, colour scheme and background
- Conclude effectively with a call for action
- Develop a presentation with peer and instructor evaluation
- Identifying the “secret sauce” of effective communicators
- Projecting a clear, confident, and credible voice
- Engaging with audience through your body language
- Orchestrating the presentation
- Delivering in a smooth and natural way
- Think on your feet to manage Q&A
- Mock presentations with peer and instructor evaluation
Professionals who want to improve their presentation design and enhance delivery skills.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic Proficiency in MS PowerPoint
Award of the Singapore Polytechnic Certificate of Attendance for participants whose attendance is not less than 75%. No assessment is needed.
$400 ( without GST )
National Sliver Academy Funding Participants must be Singaporean aged 50 and above in the year of course commencement. Funding will be reimbursed to eligible participant after course confirmation.
Instructor Profile Jocelyn Teo has over 11 years of experience working with senior executives in Bank of America Merrill Lynch and PwC, specializing in conceptualization and designing of professional PowerPoint presentations for a plethora of global corporations and government sectors in the Asia region. Coupled with her background in Graphics Design and Illustration, she has the knowledge and extensive hands-on skills to transform business messages, ideas and workflow processes into aesthetically engaging presentations.
Lim Chee Peng is an IT and Business consultant who has worked on IT transformation project with several large corporations. His consulting work requires him to present complex ideas in clear and simple terms to secure senior management and stakeholder buy-in. He is also an adjunct lecturer in Supply Chain topics and was awarded the SP teaching excellence award in 2012.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
All other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.