13 to 14 Jun 2019
08 Apr to 31 May 2019
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic Media Lab
Python has gained much popularity among data scientists and professionals for its ease-of-use and excellent library support. The pandas and Seaborn libraries remain one of the essential tools in the data analyst’s repertoire. Through this course, participants will gain much valued skills in creating exciting and insightful visualizations crucial in understanding today’s data saturated world.
The course aims to introduce participants to the data analytic and visualization workflow. Pandas and Seaborn will be used to perform statistical and visual analysis of data and incorporated into a Jupyter notebook. The course will emphasize on the skills needed in processing and understanding big data through visual analysis, the importance of reproducible research and communication and collaboration within data analytics teams.
• Introduction to the pandas library
• Reading and cleaning data from online, databases and text file sources.
• Data manipulation and database related concepts
• Statistical analysis using aggregation functions in pandas.
• Introduction to the Seaborn library.
• Understanding various principles of visualization
• Mastering the library commands to create high level visualizations.
• Reporting with Jupyter notebooks.
Data Engineer, Data analyst, Business Intelligence manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic statistical knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.