18, 19, 25 & 26 Mar 2019
4 Jan to 12 Mar 2019
30 hours / 4 days
Day 1: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 2: 8 hours of face-to-face learning
Day 3: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 4: 8 hours of classroom facilitated learning
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, T721 (18 & 19 Mar) & T305 (25 & 26 Mar)
T721: Blk T7, Level 2, Room T721
T305: Blk T3, Basement Level, Room T305
This course focuses on using digital tools that can help improve one’s productivity in their personal and work life. In addition, participants will also be given opportunities to make use of basic data analytics concepts to interpret and synthesize information for better productivity.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand big data and its impact
• Perform data analysis using MS Excel
• Analyze data for trend and patterns
• Synthesize various data to improve productivity and / or processes
• Evaluate tools that assist in productivity
• Create an individual productivity plan
• Explain principles of basic data analytics
Module 1: Basic Data Analytics
Module 2: Tools for Online Productivity
• Data Analytics in action from everyday life that can be used to help improve work processes or personal productivity. Identify potential big data sources, identify key indicators (Module 1)
• Explore digital tools / apps that help with productivity for personal use and for work
• Game play – Use of Lock Room for Application of Data Analytics concepts – Customised content based on audience job role
• Individual Productivity Plan on how one can make use of digital tools to improve productivity (e.g. Digital Story Telling)
Complete 3 other courses to obtain a Certificate in Basic Digital Confidence. Click here to find out more.
Anyone who is open to building a future-ready mindset and be prepared and confident for changes in the digital world.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.