18, 19, 25 & 26 Mar 2019
4 Jan to 12 Mar 2019
30 hours / 4 days
Day 1: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 2: 8 hours of face-to-face learning
Day 3: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 4: 8 hours of classroom facilitated learning
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, T721 (18 & 19 Mar) & T305 (25 & 26 Mar)
T721: Blk T7, Level 2, Room T721
T305: Blk T3, Basement Level, Room T305
This course focuses on using digital tools that can help improve one’s productivity in their personal and work life. In addition, participants will also be given opportunities to make use of basic data analytics concepts to interpret and synthesize information for better productivity.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand big data and its impact
• Perform data analysis using MS Excel
• Analyze data for trend and patterns
• Synthesize various data to improve productivity and / or processes
• Evaluate tools that assist in productivity
• Create an individual productivity plan
• Explain principles of basic data analytics
Module 1: Basic Data Analytics
Module 2: Tools for Online Productivity
• Data Analytics in action from everyday life that can be used to help improve work processes or personal productivity. Identify potential big data sources, identify key indicators (Module 1)
• Explore digital tools / apps that help with productivity for personal use and for work
• Game play – Use of Lock Room for Application of Data Analytics concepts – Customised content based on audience job role
• Individual Productivity Plan on how one can make use of digital tools to improve productivity (e.g. Digital Story Telling)
Complete 3 other courses to obtain a Certificate in Basic Digital Confidence. Click here to find out more.
Anyone who is open to building a future-ready mindset and be prepared and confident for changes in the digital world.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
3. Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more NTUC members to go for skills upgrading.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
*Terms and conditions apply. Participants must be paid-up NTUC Members with no arrears in membership fees before course commencement and throughout the whole course duration.
*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc. fees etc.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pmCheques
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
s 500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.