To be advised
To be advised
15 hours / 2 days
9am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key areas in Digital Transformation of Manufacturing
- Perform basic Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) ladder logic programming
- Network a PLC with mobile phone through a webserver
- Create a simple webpage to control the PLC via mobile phone web browser
1.Introduction to Digital Transformation of Manufacturing
- What is Digital Transformation of Manufacturing
- What is Digital Transformation of Manufacturing
- Components of Digital Transformation of Manufacturing
- Digital Transformation of Manufacturing project introduction
2.Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Introduction to PLC programming software
- Normally Open, Normally Closed, and other PLC instructions
- Programming a simple conveyor belt
3.Networking and Webserver
- Understanding the network architecture
- Setting up the webserver
- Setting up the router
- Creating a basic webpage using HTML
- Adding elements to read and write PLC signals
5.Integration and Testing
- Integrating PLC and Webpage
- Communicating with the PLC via your mobile phone
- Perform simple testing
6.Digital Transformation for workplace
- How Digital Transformation can be implemented at workplace
- How to be prepared for Digital Transformation
The course aims to reach a target audience of Managers, Engineers and Technicians of the manufacturing sector who like to gain an overview of Digital Transformation of Manufacturing with hands-on experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer skills are desirable, but not essential. Preferably, participants are able to bring along their smart devices.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance
Profile of Trainer
Mr. Tony Suah is a lecturer from the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He has 10 years of working experience with broad knowledge in Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Industrial Robots, and Web Programming. Tony holds a Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree from Nanyang Technological University.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
3. Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more NTUC members to go for skills upgrading.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
*Terms and conditions apply. Participants must be paid-up NTUC Members with no arrears in membership fees before course commencement and throughout the whole course duration.
*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc. fees etc.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - email@example.com
All other Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.