10am to 5pm
Course participants will learn a range of writing skills to apply in different kinds of reports while tailoring the message to the needs of their audience.
- Identify the needs of different audiences according to purpose, audience and context of a variety of reports: technical, progress, sales and marketing, human resources, etc.
- Plan, organize and present information in the form of text, data and visuals in well-structured formats for different reports.
- Apply the skills of presenting relevant information to write effectively.
- Eliminate redundancies in content and refine language choices to present information concisely.
- Understand and apply grammar editing skills to eliminate common errors.
- Apply proofreading skills to edit the entire report for a professional finish.
Managers, Executives, Support Staff and Corporate Employees
Minimum Entry Requirements
Certificate of Attendance
Ms. Shirley Tham is adept at facilitating learning in a variety of written and spoken communication skills, combining her knowledge from her Masters in Applied Linguistics and her understanding of the learning process. As a trainer interested in helping others realise their potential to grow, she has attained a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and is currently pursuing a Specialist Diploma in Career Counselling.
To Shirley, a key component in learning is to make meaningful connections to practical situations in the workplace. Shirley is an active Toastmaster and volunteer, and loves to help people find out what makes them tick.
$535 (Inclusive GST)
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
All other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Date of course:
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.