30 hours / 4 days
9 am to 5:30 pm
Mode of Training:
In any industry, people may find themselves needing to resolve conflict in the workplace between management and staff, between colleagues or between staff and customers.
It is becoming increasingly crucial to empower individuals to intervene effectively and appropriately with such problems at work.
Knowledge in counselling skills will help nurture healthy workplace relations. Staff can use these skills in handling colleagues experiencing stressful events and grievances.
People in the service industry will also find this course useful as they can use the skills in handling customer queries/requests/complaints.
In essence, participants can use these counselling skills to enhance their communication with their staff/colleagues/customers and effectively engage their staff/colleagues/customers in a discussion that is both helpful and meaningful.
This course prepares participants with the many theories and hands-on practice of emotional intelligence competencies.
This includes building and improving self-awareness, management and direction through the practice of emotional intelligence elements, and practicing the infusion into frontline applications.
• Apply Emotion Intelligence Competencies for different situations
• Apply the Six Seconds Model, a process framework for making emotional intelligence practical
• Describe the way Psychology concepts learnt can be applied at the workplace
• Demonstrate basic counselling micro skills in the communication process to build empowering relationships
Operations/Sales and Marketing Executives/Sales Supervisor/Business Development/Events /Front Office Executives and Managers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.