Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 6.30pm
Sat: 9.00am to 12.00 pm
48hrs (excluding a 2-hr exam)
6.30pm to 9.30pm (16 sessions @ 3hrs)
(16 sessions @ 3hrs)
48hrs (excluding a 2-hr exam)
What is this course about?
To train construction site supervisor on the environmental health control work. The primary aim of the ECO scheme is for the contractors to take a more pro-active role to ensure that construction sites are kept free of environmental health problems.
Supervisory staff in the construction industry.
Course Entry Requirements
Applicants must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- A degree from the National University of Singapore, the Nanyang Technological University or other universities which is acceptable to the Commissioner; or
- A technical diploma from a local polytechnic with two years of relevant working experience in environmental engineering, pest control estate management, environmental health or other work which is relevant to the work of the ECO; or
- Is a Registered Safety Officer under the "Workplace Safety and Health Act and / or Workplace Safety and Health (Workplace Safety and Health Officers) Regulations", provided his certificate of registration has not expired or been cancelled.
- As the Environmental Control Officer (ECO) course is conducted in English, all applicants are required to have a good working knowledge of the language.
- Roles and Responsibilities of ECO
- Environmental Public Health Law
- Vector Control
- Air Pollution Control
- Noise Pollution Control
- Water Pollution and Drainage Control
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease and Food Hygiene
- Solid Waste Management
Mode of Assessment
There will be a 2-hour e-Exam (100 multiple choice questions) 2 weeks after the end of the course.
Participants are required to meet the 75% attendance requirement to be able to sit for the examination,
Please note that Deferment of ECO exam is not allowed.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and whose attendance is not less than 75%
a. Attending and passing ECO course will NOT automatically lead to the successful registration as an ECO with National Environment Agency (NEA),
b. For ECO License registration requirements, please check with NEA: Online feedback form: https://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/feedback or NEA Contact Centre Hotline: 6225 5632
c. For more information on the role of the ECO, please refer
This course is accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme. Participants will gain 11 SDUs upon completion of the course. Course participants must complete this course with at least 75% attendance rate.
$995.10 (with 7% GST)
The Nett Course Fee payable is subjected to SSG's approval based on the documents submitted
Development Fund (SDF)
Type of Funding: Training Grant and Absentee Payroll Only Support level: CAT B, Certifiable (Non-WSQ), External, PME (CF with AP), Eligible for MCES, SME, WTS
For more information, please refer to ECO WDA Funding or https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email UTAP@e2i.com.sg Website: https://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to email@example.com
2 weeks before the course commencement date. For withdrawal less than 2 weeks notice, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
· 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
· Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
· On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
ECO Intake 107: 22 Jul to 30 Aug 2019
(Evening Class - Mon, Wed & Fri: 6.30 pm to 9.30pm) / Date of exam: 11 Sep 2019, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
ECO Intake 108: 2 to 7 Sep 2019
(Day Class - Mon to Fri: 8.30 am to 6.30pm, Sat: 9 am to 12.00Pm) / Date of exam: 18 Sep 2019, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
ECO Intake 109: 23 Sep to 30 Oct 2019
(Evening Class - Mon, Wed & Fri: 6.30 pm to 9.30pm) / Date of exam: 13 Nov 2019, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1) NO Deferment of ECO exam is allowed.
2) PACE reserves the right to withdraw applicants without having Minimum Entry Requirement from the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.