120 hours (inclusive of 40 hours of e-learning & 21 hours of projects)
Wed (6:30pm to 9:30pm) & Sat (10am to 5pm)
Singapore Polytechnic, T1A
This course is a complete introduction to blockchain application development and join the ranks of the blockchain professionals in the financial services industry. At the end of the 120-hr course, participants will learn how to set up blockchain, create cryptocurrencies and develop smart contracts.
Topic 1: What is Blockchain?
• Digital Cash, Bitcoin and Blockchain
• Cryptography in Blockchain
• Proof of Work, How it Works
• Byzantine Fault Tolerance, Consensus Protocols
• Lab 1: Set Up a Blockchain
Topic 2: How Bitcoin Works?
• Understanding Bitcoin Mining
• Mining Hardware
• 51% Attacks
Topic 3: What’s in a Bitcoin Transaction?
• Public Private Keys
• Lab 2a: Using Crypto Wallets
• Lab 2b: Create a Cryptocurrency
Topic 4: Beyond Bitcoin – The Blockchain Ecosystem
Topic 5: Ethereum & Smart Contracts
• Lab 3: Writing a Smart Contract
Junior software developers/engineers with an interest in blockchain
Minimum Entry Requirements
2. Participants must have a Local Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant discipline.
3. Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory online quiz and attain 75% of the marks to pass. The quiz is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the quiz will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
Participants are required to sit for examination at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Performance will be issued to every participant whose attendance is not less than 75% and has completed a final assignment.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2
Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here
Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
13 Feb to 10 Apr 2019
20 Dec 2018 to 24 Jan 2019
Entry Quiz Date:
25 to 28 Jan 2019
Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory online quiz and attain 75% of the marks to pass. The quiz is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the quiz will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
s 500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.