12 Jun - 03 Aug 2019
18 Mar - 26 May 2019
27 May 2019 (Email notification will be sent)
120 hours (inclusive of 40 hours of e-learning & 21 hours of projects)
Wed (6:30pm to 9:30pm) & Sat (10am to 5pm)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, T1A
This course is a complete introduction to blockchain application development and will enable participants to join the ranks of the blockchain professionals in the financial services industry. At the end of the 120-hr course, participants will learn how to set up blockchain, create cryptocurrencies and develop smart contracts.
Topic 1: What is Blockchain?
• Digital Cash, Bitcoin and Blockchain
• Cryptography in Blockchain
• Proof of Work, How it Works
• Byzantine Fault Tolerance, Consensus Protocols
• Lab 1: Set Up a Blockchain
Topic 2: How Bitcoin Works?
• Understanding Bitcoin Mining
• Mining Hardware
• 51% Attacks
Topic 3: What’s in a Bitcoin Transaction?
• Public Private Keys
• Lab 2a: Using Crypto Wallets
• Lab 2b: Create a Cryptocurrency
Topic 4: Beyond Bitcoin – The Blockchain Ecosystem
Topic 5: Ethereum & Smart Contracts
• Lab 3: Writing a Smart Contract
Junior software developers/engineers with an interest in blockchain.
Professionals with development/programming background with an interest in blockchain.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory test and pass this test. The test is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the test will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
- Participants must have their own laptop pre-installed with a standard programming environment (Linux/Ubuntu or Mac OS X)
- Windows PCs with Virtual Machines running Linux/Ubuntu equipped with terminal and a text editor are accepted
Please note that participants with native Windows OS will need to ensure they can source for their own programming environment tools as this is a developer-centric course and Windows OS is not suitable for blockchain development.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants are required to submit an assignment, and present their solution to the trainer.
A Certificate of Performance will be issued to every participant whose attendance is not less than 75% and has completed the final assignment.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
s 500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.