60 hours/ 12 sessions
6pm to 10pm –Tuesdays
6pm to 10pm – Thursdays
9am to 5pm – Saturdays
80RR Fintech Hub SG
The FinTech Fundamentals Programme (FFP) course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the various key concepts, business models and technologies of the FinTech and Blockchain sectors, which are emerging areas in the Financial Services industry and provide a solid grounding for participants to pursue a career or progression in these exciting new areas.
The FFP endeavours to equip learners with the right set of skills and knowledge in Fintech which is required in the digitalised finance services industry. Learners will be introduced to various key concepts, business models and technologies relating to Fintech, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency to name a few.
Introduction to FinTech
• Understand the current state of various thematic areas in the FinTech ecosystem on banking, insurance, asset and wealth management and financial infrastructure.
• Learn about the Blue Ocean Strategy and how it can be applied to FinTech to transform business models, improve customer experience, generate insights and drive product-service innovation.
Design Thinking in Financial Services
• Gain an awareness of how design thinking can be applied in a wide range of contexts.
Cloud Computing & Cybersecurity
• Learn the fundamentals and essentials of cloud computing and its associated business values.
Big Data and Machine Learning in Finance
• Employ data-driven decision making for your strategies and operations to create maximum impact.
Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
• Learn about digital currencies, blockchain technology and their global impact.
Open Banking & API
• Learn about the implications of open banking via the provision of APIs to access systems and customer data
• The hackathon project is a culmination of the knowledge gained across the different modules in this programme.
Professionals, Managers, Executives working in/will be exploring or assigned roles related to FinTech.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants should have working knowledge on FinTech and must have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant discipline.
Minimum Entry Requirement
Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant disciplines.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessments and meet at least 75% attendance rate.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Skillsfuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017.
Singaporeans aged 40 and above will enjoy 90% subsidy of course fee.
This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email UTAP@e2i.com.sg Website: http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - email@example.com
All other Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.