To be advised
To be advised
16 hours / 2 days
8am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, AEROHUB
The emphasis is on the practical aspects of composite structural repair. Learner will be given some initial theory to enable them to work safely and to appreciate the reasons for the choice of repair materials and techniques.
The objective is to provide key training to learner covering the basic skills, knowledge, and understanding of composite repair process and to go into working environment informed and able to start simple repairs upon completion where skills can be gained with practice.
- Identify the type and application of composite materials
- Identify composite repair facility
- Identify the principal steps in composite repair process
- Taper sand and locate ply boundaries and orientations
- Perform wet lay-up and prepreg bonded repairs to laminates and carbon sandwich face sheets and cores
- Perform vacuum bagging procedures with leak test verification
- Manage cure cycles and thermocouples
- Managed material storage
- Introduction of specialized equipment for bonding (Hot Bonders)
Personnel working with composite materials
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum secondary school education,
- Participants should not have colour deficiency,
- Participants have to be able bodied to carry out practical activities
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance
$492.20 (incl. GST)
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.