11 June 2019
7 hours / 1 day
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, Optometry Centre (SPOC)
This is a skill-upgrading course to provide highly interactive problem based learning to optometrists in the areas of assessment and management of accommodative and non-strabismic binocular vision (A/BV) disorders.
Lectures will cover the key BV testing, diagnosis and evidence-based holistic approaches in managing A/BV disorders. Participants, in small groups, will be able to deepen their knowledge in BV, revise the various BV testing skills and eventually prescribing vision therapy for A/BV disorders
This course aims to deepen optometrists’ knowledge and skills and providing evidence-based holistic approach in managing accommodative and non-strabismic binocular vision (A/BV) disorders.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Effectively assess and diagnose A/BV disorders
2. Manage A/BV disorders holistically using vision therapy
- A/BV Disorders – a problem-based perspective
- Evaluating BV status
- Efficient and effective ways in diagnosing A/BV disorders.
- Case studies in A/BV disorders
- Evidence-based holistic management approach for A/BV disorders
- Preparing your practice for vision therapy
- Testing and diagnosing A/BV disorders
- Case studies and interactive evaluation of A/BV disorders cum Introduction to Vision Therapy in managing A/BV disorders
- Prescribing Vision Therapy for A/BV disorder
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Registered Optometrists (Diploma or Degree)
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance.
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$235.40 (incl. of GST)||$125.40 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
1. National Silver Academy (NSA)
Participants who are Singaporean, aged 50 years and above in the year of course commencement, can enjoy a subsidy of 50% off course fee (capped at $500 per course).
As part of:
Funding Validity Period: Till 30 Jun 2019
2. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.