18 hours / 6 days
6:30pm to 9:30pm
Mode of Training:
Under the Factories (Medical Examinations) Regulations, this course trains individuals to carry out pre-employment and periodic audiometric examinations on persons who are exposed to excessive noise in the workplace.
• Salient regulations on noise
• Basic ear anatomy, physiology and pathology
• Types of hearing loss
• Noise and its health effects
• Technique on obtaining an occupational noise exposure history
• Introduction to audiometric equipment and testing environment
• Audiogram, frequency & Intensity concepts
• Audiometric testing method
• Audiogram interpretation
• Diagnostic criteria for noise induced deafness
• Types of Hearing protection devices and their limitations
• Use, maintenance and care of personal hearing protectors
• Counselling on hearing protection and prevention of Noise induced deafness for persons exposed to excessive noise
Individuals who need to carry out pre-employment and periodic audiometric examinations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
A minimum of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 or equivalent
Mode of Assessment
There will be a compulsory written test and one skill-based assessment method which participants need to perform at the end of the course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants upon achieving 75% attendance rate and passing all the prescribed assessments will be awarded the Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued).
Profile of Trainer
Our trainers are clinical audiologists by profession and have worked with renowned medical institutions. In their career as clinical audiologists, they perform diagnostic audiological testing, hearing aid fitting and dispensing. They are actively involved in raising awareness about hearing loss via community talks and roadshows. As part of their audiology services, they also provide industrial hearing screening for staff of participating companies.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.