Run 2 - 02 to 09 Sep 2019 (Mon to Fri, Mon) - Confirmed
Run 3 - 07 Oct to 14 Oct 2019 (Mon to Fri, Mon) - Confirmed
Run 2 - Closed (FULL)
Run 3 - From 01 Aug to 01 Oct 2019 - Confirmed
18 hours / 6 days
6:30pm to 9:30pm
Mode of Training:
Under the Factories (Medical Examinations) Regulations, this course trains individuals to carry out pre-employment and periodic audiometric examinations on persons who are exposed to excessive noise in the workplace.
• Salient regulations on noise
• Basic ear anatomy, physiology and pathology
• Types of hearing loss
• Noise and its health effects
• Technique on obtaining an occupational noise exposure history
• Introduction to audiometric equipment and testing environment
• Audiogram, frequency & Intensity concepts
• Audiometric testing method
• Audiogram interpretation
• Diagnostic criteria for noise induced deafness
• Types of Hearing protection devices and their limitations
• Use, maintenance and care of personal hearing protectors
• Counselling on hearing protection and prevention of Noise induced deafness for persons exposed to excessive noise
Individuals who need to carry out pre-employment and periodic audiometric examinations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
A minimum of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 or equivalent
Mode of Assessment
There will be a compulsory written test and one skill-based assessment method which participants need to perform at the end of the course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants upon achieving 75% attendance rate and passing all the prescribed assessments will be awarded the Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued).
Profile of Trainer
Our trainers are clinical audiologists by profession and have worked with renowned medical institutions. In their career as clinical audiologists, they perform diagnostic audiological testing, hearing aid fitting and dispensing. They are actively involved in raising awareness about hearing loss via community talks and roadshows. As part of their audiology services, they also provide industrial hearing screening for staff of participating companies.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.