01 to 05 Apr 2019
20 Feb to 20 Mar 2019
40 hours / 5 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC),
3 Cleantech Loop, #01-01, CleanTech Two, Singapore 637143
The course equips participants with the fundamental knowledge and application skills required to program and operate robots for polishing application in the manufacturing industries including automotive, aerospace, marine, defense, heavy industries, furniture, and metal products.
Participants will learn the fundamental knowledge of industrial robot systems and program robots to perform movement and tasks. By end of the course participants will be equipped with the knowledge of robotised polishing systems to program robots to perform polishing tasks.
1. Apply robot safety.
2. Identify types of robot and specifications.
3. Define the work flow and components for setting up the robot polishing system.
4. Identify robot components.
5. Perform basic robot operations.
6. Perform robot Flexpendant operations.
7. Troubleshoot robot system errors.
8. Perform robot jogging.
9. Define the robot tool centre point.
10. Define the robot work object.
11. Program robot to do specified tasks.
12. Perform robot calibration.
13. Define the robot polishing process parameters.
14. Define the robot polishing product specification.
15. Apply advanced control for robotic polishing.
Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians in automation, manufacturing, robotics or related industries.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess engineering or technology diploma or degree, or minimum 2 years work experience in a related industry.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants who meet the 75% attendance and pass all assessments required by the course will be awarded the Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate).
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.