01 to 05 Apr 2019
20 Feb to 20 Mar 2019
40 hours / 5 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC),
3 Cleantech Loop, #01-01, CleanTech Two, Singapore 637143
The course equips participants with the fundamental knowledge and application skills required to program and operate robots for polishing application in the manufacturing industries including automotive, aerospace, marine, defense, heavy industries, furniture, and metal products.
Participants will learn the fundamental knowledge of industrial robot systems and program robots to perform movement and tasks. By end of the course participants will be equipped with the knowledge of robotised polishing systems to program robots to perform polishing tasks.
1. Apply robot safety.
2. Identify types of robot and specifications.
3. Define the work flow and components for setting up the robot polishing system.
4. Identify robot components.
5. Perform basic robot operations.
6. Perform robot Flexpendant operations.
7. Troubleshoot robot system errors.
8. Perform robot jogging.
9. Define the robot tool centre point.
10. Define the robot work object.
11. Program robot to do specified tasks.
12. Perform robot calibration.
13. Define the robot polishing process parameters.
14. Define the robot polishing product specification.
15. Apply advanced control for robotic polishing.
Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians in automation, manufacturing, robotics or related industries.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess engineering or technology diploma or degree, or minimum 2 years work experience in a related industry.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants who meet the 75% attendance and pass all assessments required by the course will be awarded the Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate).
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.