23 Aug 2019
11 Jun to 9 Aug 2019
8 hours / 1 day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
This 1-Day DfS course aims to enhance the skills and knowledge for PMEs working in the building and construction industries.
The course will leverage on the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015 as well as real live cases that surround us to illustrate the importance of incorporating inherently safe design features into our environment.
The course will cover DfS aspects of the whole live cycle of a building or structure from conceptualization, design, tender, construction, occupation, maintenance to demolition.
Participants will be introduced to the “Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures”, the “Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management” published by MOM and the WSH Council as well as the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015.
- Describe the concept of design for safety and the pro-active management of risk at source.
- Explain the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015
- List the "Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures” and “Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management”
- Point out safe designs around the environment that we work and live in
- Why the need for DfS?
- Development of DfS in Singapore
- WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015
- Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures
- Overview of the GUIDE Process
- Risk management code of practice (RMCP)
- Real live case studies
2.Building Facility Managers / Professional
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. WSH Professionals with Specialist Diploma in WSH or higher qualification;
2. Building and Facility Management Professionals with Diploma or higher qualification; and
3. At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Course participant with at least 75% attendance rate will be issued with:
• Certificate of Attendance from SP PACE Academy
• 7 SDU Points - Accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme.
• 2 STU Points (Safety) - Awarded by the Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES)
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Approved
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
3. Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email UTAP@e2i.com.sg Website: http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- email@example.comAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.