17 Oct 2018 – 13 Feb 2019
03 Aug 2018 - 30 Sep 2018
60 hours / 30 days
Mon & Wed (6-8pm)
Mode of Training:
Introductory German is designed for new learners of the German Language. It focuses on equipping learners with basic skills for communicating in German, and provides a foundation for learners to pursue the learning of German at more advanced levels.
This course will allow learners to develop basic skills in the areas of speaking, listening, reading and writing in the German language. Besides acquiring language skills, learners will also be exposed to some elements of German culture.
• Geography and information about German speaking countries
• Alphabet, pronunciation and word accent
• Self-introduction and Greetings
• Buying groceries
• Numbers (0-100)
• Nouns – gender, plural, endings
• Formal and informal conjugation
• Subject-verb-object sequence
• Personal pronouns and conjugation
• Vocabulary - question words
• Possessive pronouns and adjectives
• Use of accusative case
• Use of negatives
• Use of adjectives
• Ordinal numbers
• Modal verbs
• Irregular verbs
Learners interested to develop basic reading, speaking and writing proficiency in the German language.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
(a) Fails the assessment but meets 75% attendance, receives a Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate)
(b) Passes the assessment and meets 75% attendance, receives a Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate)
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$347.70 (incl. of GST)||$652.70 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.