Course Hours: 5 hours
|Course Outline|| Duration|
|(i) Resume Writing|| 2 hours|
|(ii) Interview Skills|| 2 hours|
|(iii) Consultation|| 1 hour|
This course is targeted at all participants applying for the Earn & Learn (ELP) programme in any SP-led industry sector.
This course will complement the participants’ existing internship and career-related knowledge by providing an in-depth insight into how to discover their Unique Selling Point (USP) and incorporate it when crafting resumes, cover letters and during interviews.
The programme will be customised to be industry specific, incorporating current industry trends and requirements.
- To equip participants with enhanced resume and cover letter writing skills which will enable them to align their Unique Selling Point (USP) to industry requirements and standards.
- To equip ELP participants with enhanced interview skills which will allow them to better articulate their USP in a job interview, by being able to match their USP to specific job requirements.
- To provide support to participants to afford them a better chance of ELP placement in SP-led industry sectors.
Craft An Effective Resume
• Focus will be on aligning the candidate’s Unique Selling Point (USP) in their resume and cover letter with the job and industry requirements. Candidates will learn the current industry standards for resumes and how to craft a winning cover letter. Armed with the information, candidates will be tasked to prepare their own resume and cover letter which will be enhanced during individual or small group consultations with the facilitators.
Ace The Interview
• Focus will be on preparing the shortlisted ELP candidates for their job interviews. The main thrust of the workshop will be a focus on highlighting the candidate’s USP to match the specific job and company’s requirements.
Students applying for the Earn & Learn Programme; Internship; Enhanced Internship
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Intermediate English Language skills
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance.
$20 (exclude GST)
$21.40 (including GST)
Payment Mode By NETS
By E-Payment (VISA / Master credit/debit cards/ Internet Banking)
Please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed
Please make the payment at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Date of course: TBC
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
s 500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.