Run 2 - 10 May 2019 (Friday)
Run 3 - 23 Aug 2019 (Friday)
Run 4 - 15 Nov 2019 (Friday)
Run 2 - From 22 Feb to 28 Apr 2019
Run 3 - From 22 Feb to 10 Aug 2019
Run 4 - From 22 Feb to 01 Nov 2019
6 hours / 1 day
9am to 4pm
Mode of Training:
Smartphones such as Android has become so powerful that it has become a handheld pocketable personal computer. This course will teach you how to get the most out of your Android smartphone and augment your learning experience with real apps downloaded from Google PlayStore.
How to navigate
• Learn to navigate using different gestures such as swiping, pinching in and out and panning
• Discover common User Interface controls such as sliders, buttons, labels, switchers
General features of your Android phone
• Learn about app notifications
• Learn to connect to WIFI network
• Learn to secure your device using fingerprints and PIN
Techniques to Maintain Phone and Manage Data
• Back up photos and phone contacts into Cloud
• Manage phone storage for storing app and personal data
• Monitor mobile data usage
• Update Phone and App software
• Install and Uninstall Apps from Google PlayStore
Message / Call your friends
• Introduction to WhatsApp
• Message your friends with emoji and handwritten messages.
• Make free international calls with WhatsApp
How to take awesome photos and videos
• Learn how to take photos and videos and capture that favorite moment
• Learn various photo techniques including HDR, object focus, burst mode, panorama mode
• Incorporate artificial reality into your photos
• Learn to combine your favorite moments into a collage
Make Digital Payments using Apps
• Understand the various digital payments available
• Set up digital payment system on your phone
• Learn how to pay using your phone
Going overseas with your Android Phone
• Understand how to prevent data roaming charges when you are overseas
• Find out how to take advantage of free WIFI hotspots and how to connect to them
This workshop is designed for participants who wants to use their Android phone more effectively.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance.
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$68.40 (incl. of GST)||$128.40 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please see Funding Incentives for more information.
By E-Payment (VISA / Master credit/debit cards/ Internet Banking)
Please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed
Please make the payment at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
1. National Sliver Academy Funding
Participants who are Singaporean, aged 50 years and above in the year of course commencement, can enjoy a subsidy of 50% off course fee (capped at $500 per course). As part of:
Funding Validity Period: Till 30 Jun 2019
2. Skills Future Credit SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.