Run 2 - 16 Aug 2019 (Friday)
Run 3 - 08 Nov 2019 (Friday)
Run 2 - From 22 Feb to 01 Aug 2019
Run 3 - From 22 Feb to 28 Oct 2019
6 hours / 1 day
9am to 4pm
Mode of Training:
Smartphones such as iPhone has become so powerful that it has become a handheld pocketable personal computer. This course will teach you how to get the most out of your iPhone and make it an irreplaceable companion in your everyday life.
How to navigate
- Learn to navigate using different gestures such as swiping, pinching in and out and panning
- Discover common User Interface controls such as sliders, buttons, labels, switchers
General features of your iPhone
- Learn to connect to different types of network.
- Learn how to secure your device
- Understand how to configure multiple language input methods
- Learn how to configure, send and receive emails
- Create your online identity with Apple, Google and Facebook and learn how to sign into apps with a single common login
Make your iPhone uniquely yours
- Update the wallpaper with your favourite photo and change your ringtone.
- Learn how to search for apps in App Store.
- Learn how to create folders and delete apps.
Message your friends
- Message your friends with emoji and handwritten messages.
- Introduction to WhatsApp
How to make free phone / video calls
- Make free international calls with WhatsApp
- Use FaceTime to make free video calls
How to take awesome photos and videos
- Learn how to take photos and videos and capture that favourite moment in an instant
- Share your photos with your friends directly from your phone within seconds
- Upload your favourite photos to your Facebook page and share it to your friends
Encyclopaedia at your fingertip. Learn anything and everything
- Use Safari to search for information
- Learn how to save your favourite pages for ease of retrieval
Rest and relax
- Learn how to look for apps and websites for shows and dramas.
- Listen to local radio stations or listen to curated music just for you
Going overseas with your iPhone
- Understand how to prevent data roaming charges when you are overseas
- Find out how to take advantage of free WIFI hotspots and how to connect to them
- Understand how to connect to accessories such as wireless headphone, fitness trackers using Bluetooth
- Learn how to keep your data safe using iTunes
- Discover how you can use your phone to pay instead of using cash/credit card (certain iPhone models only)
This workshop is designed for participants who wants to use their iPhone more effectively.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance (if non-examinable).
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$68.40 (incl. of GST)||$128.40 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
1. National Sliver Academy Funding
Participants who are Singaporean, aged 50 years and above in the year of course commencement, can enjoy a subsidy of 50% off course fee (capped at $500 per course).
As part of:
Funding Validity Period: Till 30 Jun 2019
2. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.