1 to 3 Apr 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
15 Oct 2018 to 15 Mar 2019
8 hours / 3 days
8:30am to 5.30pm
Mode of Training:
This is an exclusive course hosted by Singapore Polytechnic (SP) in partnership with UL (Underwriters Laboratories), a global safety consulting and Certification Company. The course provides participants a working knowledge of Additive Manufacturing (AM) processes and material hazard management and how to assure quality and safety in end part production.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
• Describe how to set up a safe and compliant AM facility
• Explain how to identify and manage process hazards for each AM production technology
• Describe how to identify and manage material hazards for each AM production technology
• Develop a strategy to assure that your printed parts will conform to quality and safety standards
1. Process and Material Hazard Management
• Key Process Safety Issues in AM
• Applying Process Safety Management with AM
• Identifying and Managing Machine Hazards
• Identifying and Managing Material Hazards
• Quality and Safety Assessment of Manufacturing Facilities
2. Quality and Safety Assurance of Parts
• Key Product Safety Issues in Additive Manufacturing
• Design Validation for AM
• Development and Validation of Material Standards for AM
• Development of Processing Standards for AM
• Quality and Safety Assessment of Material Suppliers
This course is intended for manufacturing facility managers, practicing quality and process engineers, and skilled technicians who want to understand how to manage quality and safety using AM.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Basic 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing knowledge
• ITE/Diploma in Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
- A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Proficiency (Optional)
- An optional joint certificate issued by SP and UL will be awarded to participants who pass the UL Online Quiz. The UL Online Quiz is payable directly to UL
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
s 500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.