28 September 2020 to 10 October 2020
17 August to 18 September 2020
8.30am to 5.30pm
For Course Specific details:
Capt Peter Lee,
Phone: 6879 0414
This course provides students with knowledge and skills in maritime communications and the ability to operate a maritime mobile communication station as required for all Sea Areas. The proper use of communication equipment on board ship is emphasized via hands-on simulation.
IMO Model Course 1.25(2015). The training will include (amongst others):
- Statutory framework of the Maritime Mobile Service
- Identification of Radio Stations
- Service Publications
- GMDSS Components
- Other Systems used on board
- Search and Rescue operation
- Role and method of use of ship reporting systems
- Miscellaneous skills and operational procedures for general communications
Our IDA approved GMDSS GOC course has been designed for officers in charge of a radio communication on board ships and other persons with radio communication responsibilities.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, medically fit, have basic computer skills, a good working knowledge of English (written & spoken), have no serious impediment of speech, hearing or sight, normal colour vision, and preferably 6 months of sea-service.
Satisfactory completion of the course and the exam leads to the issue of a GMDSS General Operator's Certificate of Competency (for all Sea Areas) issued by the Infocomm Authority of Singapore (IDA).
GOC-ROC New application to IMDA
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.