|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training|
Run 1) 19 Dec - 23 Dec 22
Run 2) 20 Feb - 24 Feb 23
Run 1) 3 Aug - 10 Nov 2022
Run 2) 3 Sep - 13 Jan 23
|Facilitated Learning (F2F)|
*Registration will be closed once we have reached the maximum class size
8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday
8:30am to 12:30pm, Friday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The information provided from the course are aligned with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) Private Pilot License (PPL) examination providing participants the option to take the PPL examination administered by CAAS.
The objective of the Ground School Training Course is based on the concept of imparting participants with the theoretical knowledge about how an aircraft fly, the weather, air law, flight planning, etc. These are the information required by a pilot for piloting an aircraft.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the communication method between pilot and various parties
• Describe the rules & regulations that govern the air traffic
• Explain how human performance affect pilot in operating an aircraft
• Describe how an aircraft maneuver in flight
• Describe the operation of various mechanical systems of an aircraft
• Plan and create a flight plan that contain the flight route and information such as departure & arrival point, estimate time en route, alternate airport during bad weather, etc.
• Apply the technique to acquire and read weather data for flight planning and navigation purpose
• Applying the laws to flying and operating safely with no injury cause to those on board and on ground.
Suitable for people who wish to learn piloting knowledge
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Literacy
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $2,000.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $42.00
GST payable for others: $140.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$1,800.00||$242.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$1,400.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$1,400.00||$642.00|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$1,800.00||$242.00|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$2,140.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.