17 Apr 23 - 9 Jun 23
4 Aug 22 - 1 Mar 23
32 hours E-Learning and 24 hours (3 days) in-person learning journey
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (Online Asynchronous) and Practical Training
This course provides the opportunity for learners to award a certificate recognised by ASTM International’s Additive Manufacturing Centre of Excellence (AM CoE). ASTM International is a prominent international standards development organisation
with over 30,000 members, and the AM CoE is dedicated to the development of additive manufacturing standards, conducting research and development, supporting training and certification, and hosting events for the Additive Manufacturing industry.
The course provides core foundational technical knowledge covering the entire Additive Manufacturing process chain. Each online module is taught by experts from academia, industry, national labs, and regulatory bodies. Lastly, participants will get to
experience various hands-on processes associated with Additive Manufacturing to better consolidate the knowledge learnt at Singapore Polytechnic.
The course aims to provide learners who have working experience in manufacturing and those new to Additive Manufacturing to cover all the general concepts of the process chain. The course will equip learners with core technical knowledge related to common
Additive Manufacturing practices and will allow them to earn an internationally recognised general personnel Additive Manufacturing Certificate. The learners will get to experience in person the various processes in the Additive Manufacturing process
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain core technical knowledge related to common Additive Manufacturing practices.
2. Apply the core Additive Manufacturing technical knowledge to the various processes in a learning journey.
Topics to be covered
1. Additive Manufacturing process overview and standard terminology (Online)
2. Design and simulation (Online)
3. Additive manufacturing feedstock (Online)
4. Metrology and post-processing (Online)
5. Mechanical testing (Online)
6. Additive Manufacturing safety (Online)
7. Non-destructive inspection (Online)
8. Qualification and certification (Online)
9. Additive Manufacturing learning journey (In-Person)
This course is intended for professional designers / practicing engineers and skilled technicians who want to understand technical details regarding Additive Manufacturing.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Basic 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing knowledge
• ITE/Diploma in Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• ASTM General Additive Manufacturing Certificate will be awarded to participants who pass the ASTM online test
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $3,300.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $69.30
GST payable for others: $231.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$2,970.00||$399.30|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$2,310||$1,059.30|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$2,310||$1,059.30|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$2,970.00||$399.30|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$3,531.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.