20 April - 27 May 2020
Every Mon and Wed
Registration Period : 3 January - 6 April 2020
21 April - 28 May 2020
Every Tue and Thur
Registration Period : 3 January - 7 April 2020
* Registration will be closed once we have reached the maximum class size.
36 Hours / 12 days
6.30pm - 9.30pm
(Every Mon and Wed or Every Tue and Thur)
Upon completing the course, participants will acquire the essential knowledge & core skills in the area of drafting & design. Participants will appreciate the simplistic and yet efficient use of AutoCAD 2018.
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using drawing, editing, constructing technique and viewing tools.
- Organizing and getting information from drawing objects.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
- 3D viewing techniques and working with User Coordinate system
- Creating and editing 3D solid model
- Rendering the 3D model to enhance its appearance
- Generating 2D drawings from the 3D Model.
1. Getting Started with AutoCad
a. User Interface
b. Working with Commands
c. Cartesian Workspace – Precision input
d. Opening an Existing Drawing File
e. Viewing/Saving Drawing
2. Organising and creating drawing
a. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
b. What are Layers?
c. Layer States, Transparency
d. Changing an Object’s Layer
e. Drawing Lines, rectangles, circles, polygons, ellipses
f. Drawing Aids
- Using Running Object Snaps
- Using Object Snap Overrides
- Polar Tracking and Polar Snap
- Object Snap Tracking
- Grid Mode
- Erasing Objects
- Undo and Redo Actions
3. Making Changes in Your Drawing
a. Selecting Objects for Editing
b. Moving, Copying, Rotating & Mirroring Objects
c. Editing with Grips
d. Trimming and Extending Objects
e. Stretching Objects
f. Creating Fillets and Chamfers, Blend
g. Offsetting Objects
h. Creating Arrays of Objects
4. Getting Information from Your Drawing
a. Working with Object Properties
b. Measuring Objects
5. Setting Up a Layout and printing your drawing
a. Printing Concepts
b. Working in Layouts
c. Copying Layouts
d. Creating Layout Viewports
e. Setting view in viewports to control layer display, properties, etc
f. Guidelines for Layouts
g. Printing Layouts
h. Printing from the Model Tab
6. Text and Hatching
a. Working with Annotations
b. Setting up text styles
c. Adding single line and multiline text in a Drawing
d. Edit Multiline Text
e. Formatting Multiline Text
f. Adding Notes with Leaders to Your Drawing
g. Creating and editing hatching
a. What are Blocks?
b. Inserting Blocks
c. Inserting Blocks with Design Centre
d. Editing and Write Blocks
e. Removing Unused Elements
f. Adding Blocks to Tool Palettes
g. Inserting Blocks with Tool Palette
h. Creating Blocks with attributes
i. Extracting data from the blocks
8. Annotate and Adding Dimensions
a. Dimensioning Concepts
b. Setting Dimensioning and Multileader styles
c. Adding Dimensions in Model space or Layout
d. Adding dimensions using Annotation Styles
9 Creating Templates
- Why Use Templates?
- Controlling Units Display
- Creating New Layers
- Adding Standard Layouts to Templates
- Saving Templates
10. Introduction to 3D Modelling
a. Why used 3D?
b. 3D Modelling Workspace
c. Basic 3D Viewing Tools/ 3D Navigation Tools
d. Introduction to the User Coordinate System
11. Creating Solid Model from basic primitives and 2D objects
a. Working with Solid Primitives / Solid Primitive Types
b. Working with Composite Solids
c. Editing Solid Model
12. Visualization and documenting 3D Models
a. Creating Visual Styles/ Working with Materials
b. Specifying Light Sources/ Rendering Concepts c. Creating 2D Drawings from 3D Solid Model.
Designer, technician, engineer and others who are keen to learn and apply the
basics of 2D and 3D modeling.
Mode of Assessment
This course is conducted by the School of Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineering, an authorized Autodesk Training Centre.
Autodesk Certificate of Completion (E-Certificate) will be awarded to participants who meet the course requirement.
Certificate of Attendance: A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Certificate of Performance: A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate