23 to 26 Aug 2022
04 to 31 Jul 2022
08.30am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
This course is designed to provide participants with basic electrical installation knowledge in practical design and compliance with statutory requirements in Singapore. The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures and practical sessions.
• Electricity Act as applied to Electrical Installation Work and Electrical Worker
• The general arrangement of voltages used in the Singapore.
• Three phase ac voltages, current and power computation theory and measurement
• The types and characteristics of protective devices used in small electrical installation.
• Electrical single-line diagrams and layout drawings
• Type of cables, cable sizing, colour codes and methods of wiring in small electrical installation.
• Measures used for Protection against electric shock
• Types of earthing systems (TNS, TT) used in Singapore.
• Procedure and methods used in inspection and testing of electrical installation.
The course will be useful to personnel from vocations other than electrical and electronic engineering, people who are involved in quality inspection or technical sales and marketing, technical product applications as well as those who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants are required to be equipped with basic English literacy and possesses knowledge of Ohm’s law and be able to compute resultant of series, parallel resistances.
Participants may wish to bring along scientific calculator for the lessons.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $856.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $17.98
GST payable for others: $59.92
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$770.40||$103.58|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$599.20||$274.78|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$599.20||$274.78|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$770.40||$103.58|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$915.92|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.