|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
|Run 1) 3 Jul to 7 Aug 2021||1 Mar to 12 Jun 2021||Hybrid||Ongoing|
|Run 2) 13 to 17 Sept 2021||1 Mar to 1 Sept 2021||Hybrid||Ongoing|
|Run 3) 8 Nov to 03 Dec 2021||1 Sept to 12 Oct 2021||Hybrid||Ongoing|
Hybrid – Both Online lessons and practical training.
8:30am to 3:30pm, Saturday (Run 1)
8:30am to 6:45pm, Monday to Friday (Run 2)
6:00pm to 9:30pm, Monday / Wednesday / Friday (Run 3)
This programme consists of 2 parts:
1. Training course with examination and
2. Certificate of Competency (recognised by the Ministry of Manpower)
Through the training course, participants will learn the safety aspects of boiler operation, the correct operational practices in all kinds of boiler operation and their maintenance. Participants will subsequently sit through an examination at the end
of the course if they meet the minimum entry requirements for examination.
Upon passing the examination, participants will be eligible to apply and obtain a Class 1 Boiler Attendant Certificate of Competency which is recognised by the Ministry of Manpower.
The training course content is aimed at holders of the Class 2 Boiler Attendants in further escalating their knowledge base and safety awareness.
1. Review various boiler designs, principles of steam generation plant and feed water loop.
2. Boiler mountings.
3. Boiler water chemistry.
4. Boiler combustion and automation.
5. Boiler safe operation and control.
6. Boiler inspection,
testing and WSH Legislation.
7. Boiler inspections and causes of likely damages to be found during the inspection.
8. Demonstration and hands-on practical in Boiler House and Simulator.
9. Examination comprising of 4 tests: MCQ test,
Simulator test, Oral test and Practical tests.
Should you wish to take only the examination without going through the training course, please click here to register.
Technical personnel who have operated steam plants and wishing to obtain the Class 1 Boiler Attendant Certificate of Competency.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Minimum Entry Requirements for training course:
1. The applicant must be at least 21 years old and able to communicate and understand Basic English language.
2. Complete a MOM declaration form
on the day of examination. Please click here to download the declaration form. Please upload the completed form during the online registration prior to the training course and bring the original completed form on the day of the training course
Minimum Entry Requirements for examination:
1. The applicant must have at least 18 months of experience as a boiler attendant in charge of steam boiler after obtaining the Class 2 Boiler Attendant Certificate
2. Share with SP a copy of the Class 2 Boiler attendant Certificate of Competency
3. Complete a MOM declaration form on the day of examination. Please click here to download the declaration form.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Upon successful completion of the examinations at SP, the candidate may apply for Certificate of Competency via this link
For the training course with examinations:
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above||$458.85|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 50;|
Singapore Permanent Residents;
For the Certificate of Competency: $107.00 (incl. GST)
Fees paid are NOT refundable (regardless of the outcome of the application).
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
Terms and Conditions
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
Please note that the registration is only for the Training Course with examinations. Upon passing the examination of the training course, a separate link will be sent for you to make payment for the Certificate of Competency or you may apply for Certificate of Competency via this link.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.