14 to 16 Jul 2020
24 hours / 3 days
9am to 6pm (Tue to Thu)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, Fablab @ T1443
How cool would it be to design & fabricate your own smart electronics devices? Participants in this course will learn to design and program embedded systems, interface sensors and displays on smart devices, as well as design & fabricate their own custom printed circuit boards.
This course equips participants with the ability to design electronic circuitry and programming of embedded systems, interface sensors and displays on smart devices, as well as design & fabricate their own custom printed circuit boards.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify basic electronics components & their operation
• Interpret product datasheets and identify key specifications of the product
• Demonstrate how to design a basic embedded system containing input & output devices
• Program embedded system to interact with sensors & display devices to accomplish set task(s)
• Use EDA (Electronic design automation) software to perform schematic capture & board layout
• Fabricate & test custom PCB (Printed circuit board) that they have designed
• Fablab Safety & Safety Assessment
• Understanding electronics devices
• Embedded devices & programming
• Interfacing to sensors
• Interfacing to displays & actuators
• Electronics design & production
• Hands-on project
Technical Executives / Assistant Engineers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic PC & English literacy, and numeracy qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.