Run 3 - 18 Feb to 07 April 2020 - Confirmed
Run 3 - From 20 Nov 2019 to 07 Feb 2020
24 hours / 8 days
7:00pm to 10:00pm (Tuesday)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic (School of Design, Level 4, SD407)
This course aims to establish the proper skill sets required for painting in the entertainment industry; and transit professionals and media practitioners towards a digital platform for their works. Participants will get to learn Photoshop and the tools associated with everyday design workflow. This course is recommended for those who wants to reinforce their foundation in illustration or expand on their digital knowledge in Photoshop.
- To familiarise participants with Photoshop as a digital painting software.
- To familiarise participants with the professional processes of digital painting and using the tools in Photoshop to paint effectively.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of painting and how these fundamentals translate into a digital realm.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Utilise a drawing tablet to paint in Photoshop.
- Be aware of the potential and application of Photoshop as a painting tool.
- Understand the principles of light as it applies to painting.
- Effectively use the tools in Photoshop to create artwork.
- Improve their painting technique.
- Paint a simple character or prop.
Game Artist, Environment Artist, Character Designers, Texture Artists, Prop Artists, Architects, Storyboard Artists, Matt Painters, Illustrators.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should preferably have some experience in painting or prior knowledge in using the software - Photoshop.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.