|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
|14 to 15 Dec 2021||13 Sep to 30 Nov 2021||Facilitated Learning (F2F) ||Ongoing|
| || || || |
8:30am to 5:00pm
Participants will be introduced to Digitalisation in the area of Product Design and Development and its impact on manufacturing and businesses. Industry examples and best practices will be shared in the course.
Participants will also be introduced to Synchronous Technology and techniques which are suited for immediate manufacture via today’s additive processes.
The course will cover topics such as simulation techniques, how to overcome electromechanical challenges by integration of mechanical and electrical design, Reverse Engineering and Additive Manufacturing, 3D Scanning and editing, producing parts using
3D printing, dynamic technical publications, scalable data management and Cloud Based Collaboration.
Participants get the chance to learn how to quickly create 3D technical publications for products, take control of data with scalable data management tools, and leverage the cloud for online Computer-Aided Design (CAD) management.
This course provides participants with an appreciation of trends in digital transformation in product design and development, and how digitalisation can transform businesses and workplaces. Participants will learn about advanced Product Design, Development,
and Management tools, through the use of Solid Edge (Solid Edge is a 3D CAD software). It allows users to create 3D models, run simulations, integrate mechanical and electrical CAD, etc. It also has data management tools to allow information to be
share and controlled for multiple users working on product development and manufacturing.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Summarise trends in digital transformation in product design and development
• Sketch in CAD software environment with Synchronous Technology
• Describe the various concepts used in mechanical design including topology
optimisation and generative design
• Use 3D modelling software to create basic three-dimensional models
• Apply reverse engineering techniques using digital scanning and additive manufacturing
• Relate the advantages
of having an integrated electrical design
• State the need and list the tools to perform engineering simulation for design verification and validation
• Create dynamic technical publications to communicate design outcomes
Recognise and list the advantages of adopting scalable data management and cloud based collaboration
Precision Engineering, Product Development, Design, Engineering Services, Built Environment.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic PC skills. This course is targeted at business owners and managers, or anyone who is interested in the Digitalisation of product development and CAD.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.