|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training|
|9 Dec 2021||30 Aug to 23 Nov 2021||Facilitated Learning (F2F)|
8 hours/ 1 day
8:00am to 5:00pm
Participants would get a chance to have hands on experience on charging an actual electric car with both Alternating Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) charger.
This course will equip the participants with essential knowledge of Electric Vehicle (EV), types of EV and EV charging. They would be able to differentiate the various types of vehicles and know the benefits of driving an EV. The common myths of EV charging
would be demystified with facts.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of EV over the conventional Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) vehicles
• Explain the advantages of EV over that of the conventional ICE vehicles
in terms of their performances, battery power and maintenance
• Describe the process of charging an EV battery to its optimal performance
• Compare and contrast the differences between the AC and DC charging methods for an EV
Topic to be covered,
1. What is Electric Vehicle (EV)
2. Situation of EV in Singapore
3. Difference between EV and Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicle
4. Batteries for EV
5. How do EV charge
6. Difference between AC and DC EV Charging
Facts of EV charging, and breaking the myths of charging
8. Practical/Hand on Session
Private Hired Drivers/Taxi Drivers/Assistant Sales Engineer/Automotive Workshop Supervisor
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic electrical knowledge and proficient in English
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$42.35|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$112.35|
|Singapore Permanent Residents||$112.35|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2||$42.35|
|Full Course Fee||$374.50|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.