Day class: 5.5 days or
Evening class: 16 sessions
8.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday
9.00am to 12.00pm, Saturday
6.30pm to 9.30pm, Monday, Wednesday & Friday
To train construction site supervisor on the environmental health control work. The primary aim of the ECO scheme is for the contractors to take a more pro-active role to ensure that construction sites are kept free of environmental health problems.
- Roles and Responsibilities of ECO
- Environmental Public Health Law
- Vector Control
- Air Pollution Control
- Noise Pollution Control
- Water Pollution and Drainage Control
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease
and Food Hygiene
- Solid Waste Management
Supervisory staff in the construction industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. A degree from the National University of Singapore, the Nanyang Technological University or other universities which is acceptable to the Commissioner; or
2. A local polytechnic diploma with 2 years of relevant working experience; or
3. WPLN L7 in reading, listening, speaking, writing and numeracy; or
4. WPLN L6 in reading, listening, speaking, writing and numeracy with 2 years of relevant working experience; or
5. Active Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO) licences during this interim Adjustment Period (20 Jul 21 to 31 Mar 2022)
Mode of Assessment
There will be a 2-hour e-Exam (100 multiple choice questions) 2 weeks after the end of the course.
Participants are required to meet the 75% attendance requirement to be able to sit for the examination,
ECO Refresher Exam
(Applicable for ex-ECO student who has been awarded with a Certificate of Performance (COP))
For ex-ECO students who have attended the ECO Course more than 5 years ago, you are strongly encouraged to study the new course syllabus and obtain an updated Certificate of Performance (COP). You will be provided a set of course materials for self-study
and will sit a 2-hr exam. The updated Certificate of Performance (COP) may be required for new ECO licence registration with National Environment Agency (NEA).
Please note that Deferment of ECO exam is not allowed.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Attending and passing ECO course will NOT automatically lead to the successful registration as an ECO with National Environment Agency (NEA).
Graduates are strongly encouraged to register for an ECO licence within 5 years after passing the ECO course.
For ECO Licence registration requirements, and information on the role of the ECO, please refer to here. ECO licence applications may be submitted via the GoBusiness platform: https://www.gobusiness.gov.sg/licences
Please NOTE the ‘Notification on Changes to Environmental Control Officer (ECO) Licences’ Circular (12 Nov 2019)
This course is accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme. Participants will gain 11 SDUs upon completion of the course. Course participants must complete this course with at least 75% attendance rate.