Day Course: 5.5 days
Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 6.30pm
Sat: 9.00am to 12.00pm
Evening Course: 16 sessions (3 hrs per session)
6.30pm to 9.30pm
48 hrs (excluding a 2-hr exam)
What is this course about?
To train construction site supervisor on the environmental health control work. The primary aim of the ECO scheme is for the contractors to take a more pro-active role to ensure that construction sites are kept free of environmental health problems.
Supervisory staff in the construction industry.
Course Entry Requirements
Applicants must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- A degree from the National University of Singapore, the Nanyang Technological University or other universities which is acceptable to the Commissioner; or
- A technical diploma from a local polytechnic with two years of relevant working experience in environmental engineering, pest control estate management, environmental health or other work which is relevant to the work of the ECO; or
- Is a Registered Safety Officer under the "Workplace Safety and Health Act and / or Workplace Safety and Health (Workplace Safety and Health Officers) Regulations", provided his certificate of registration has not expired or been cancelled.
- As the Environmental Control Officer (ECO) course is conducted in English, all applicants are required to have a good working knowledge of the language.
- Roles and Responsibilities of ECO
- Environmental Public Health Law
- Vector Control
- Air Pollution Control
- Noise Pollution Control
- Water Pollution and Drainage Control
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease and Food Hygiene
- Solid Waste Management
Mode of Assessment
There will be a 2-hour e-Exam (100 multiple choice questions) 2 weeks after the end of the course.
Participants are required to meet the 75% attendance requirement to be able to sit for the examination,
ECO Refresher Exam
(Applicable for ex-ECO student who has been awarded with a Certificate of Performance (COP))
For ex-ECO students who have attended the ECO Course more than 5 years ago, you are strongly encouraged to study the new course syllabus and obtain an updated Certificate of Performance (COP). You will be provided a set of course materials for self-study and will sit a 2-hr exam. The updated Certificate of Performance (COP) may be required for new ECO licence registration with National Environment Agency (NEA).
Please note that Deferment of ECO exam is not allowed.
A Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate) will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and whose attendance is not less than 75%
Attending and passing ECO course will NOT automatically lead to the successful registration as an ECO with National Environment Agency (NEA).
Graduates are strongly encouraged to register for an ECO licence within 5 years after passing the ECO course.
For ECO Licence registration requirements, and information on the role of the ECO, please refer to here. ECO licence applications may be submitted via the GoBusiness platform: https://www.gobusiness.gov.sg/licences
Please NOTE the ‘Notification on Changes to Environmental Control Officer (ECO) Licences’ Circular (12 Nov 2019) by NEA.
This course is accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme. Participants will gain 11 SDUs upon completion of the course. Course participants must complete this course with at least 75% attendance rate.
$995.10 (with 7% GST)
The Nett Course Fee payable is subjected to SSG's approval based on the documents submitted
Development Fund (SDF)
Type of Funding: Training Grant and Absentee Payroll Only Support level: CAT B, Certifiable (Non-WSQ), External, PME (CF with AP), Eligible for MCES, SME, WTS
For more information, please refer to ECO WDA Funding or https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.