Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 6.30pm
Sat: 9.00am to 12.00 pm
48hrs (excluding a 2-hr exam)
6.30pm to 9.30pm (16 sessions @ 3hrs)
(16 sessions @ 3hrs)
48hrs (excluding a 2-hr exam)
What is this course about?
To train construction site supervisor on the environmental health control work. The primary aim of the ECO scheme is for the contractors to take a more pro-active role to ensure that construction sites are kept free of environmental health problems.
Supervisory staff in the construction industry.
Course Entry Requirements
Applicants must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- A degree from the National University of Singapore, the Nanyang Technological University or other universities which is acceptable to the Commissioner; or
- A technical diploma from a local polytechnic with two years of relevant working experience in environmental engineering, pest control estate management, environmental health or other work which is relevant to the work of the ECO; or
- Is a Registered Safety Officer under the "Workplace Safety and Health Act and / or Workplace Safety and Health (Workplace Safety and Health Officers) Regulations", provided his certificate of registration has not expired or been cancelled.
- As the Environmental Control Officer (ECO) course is conducted in English, all applicants are required to have a good working knowledge of the language.
- Roles and Responsibilities of ECO
- Environmental Public Health Law
- Vector Control
- Air Pollution Control
- Noise Pollution Control
- Water Pollution and Drainage Control
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease and Food Hygiene
- Solid Waste Management
Mode of Assessment
There will be a 2-hour e-Exam (100 multiple choice questions) 2 weeks after the end of the course.
Participants are required to meet the 75% attendance requirement to be able to sit for the examination,
Please note that Deferment of ECO exam is not allowed.
A Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate) will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and whose attendance is not less than 75%
a. Attending and passing ECO course will NOT automatically lead to the successful registration as an ECO with National Environment Agency (NEA),
b. For ECO License registration requirements, please check with NEA: Online feedback form: https://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/feedback or NEA Contact Centre Hotline: 6225 5632
c. For more information on the role of the ECO, please refer here.
This course is accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme. Participants will gain 11 SDUs upon completion of the course. Course participants must complete this course with at least 75% attendance rate.
$995.10 (with 7% GST)
The Nett Course Fee payable is subjected to SSG's approval based on the documents submitted
Development Fund (SDF)
Type of Funding: Training Grant and Absentee Payroll Only Support level: CAT B, Certifiable (Non-WSQ), External, PME (CF with AP), Eligible for MCES, SME, WTS
For more information, please refer to ECO WDA Funding or https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
ECO Intake 110: 14 Oct to 20 Nov 2019
(Evening Class: Mon, Wed, Fri: 6.30pm to 9.30 pm) / Date of exam: 4 Dec 2019, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
ECO Intake 111: 6 Jan to 14 Feb 2020
(Evening Class: Mon, Wed, Fri: 6.30pm to 9.30 pm) / Date of exam: 26 Feb 2020, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
ECO Intake 112: 3 Feb to 9 Mar 2020
(Evening Class: Mon, Wed, Fri: 6.30pm to 9.30 pm) / Date of exam: 18 Mar 2020, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
ECO Intake 113: 2 to 7 Mar 2020
(Day Class: Mon to Sat: 8.30am to 6.30pm) / Date of exam: 11 Mar 2020, 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm)
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1) NO Deferment of ECO exam is allowed.
2) PACE reserves the right to withdraw applicants without having Minimum Entry Requirement from the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
2. Once registration is completed, please email the following documents to PACE via Chua_Lang_Eng@sp.edu.sg
2.1. Copy of NRIC or Employment Pass; and
2.2. Copy of Degree or Technical Diploma from a local polytechnic with a letter from current employer with date joined, designation and job descriptions or a valid RSO Pass;
3. The Original documents will be required for verification during the enrolment exercise
4. The successful applicants will be notified via email to come for enrolment and make payment (via NETs/Cheque)
Note: Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation.
* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.