07 to 08 Oct 2019
Registration Closing Date:
13 Sept 2019
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
The programme on Environmental Infection Control and Management in Non-Hospital Facilities aims to provide an overview of the infection control measures and management means in non-hospital facilities. The programme embraces the overarching theme of environmental infection control as it contextualizes the principles of personal protective equipment and disinfection with the understanding of Ebola Virus Disease. The four learning objectives are:
- Understand Ebola Viral Disease
- Apply Principles of Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Procedures
- Demonstrate familiarisation in the donning and doffing of Personal Protective Equipment
- Understand Principles of Disinfection
1. Overview of infectious diseases and Personal Protective Equipment 2. Understanding Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) and the manner it spreads
What is Ebola?
Effects & Transmission
Environmental contamination & Risk Management
Measures & Containment and Infection Control
3. Principles of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) operations.
4. Hand hygiene, donning and doffing practices
5. Ebola cleaning and decontamination in non-hospital settings
6. Demonstration on Ebola Cleaning and Decontamination/Disinfection
Personnel who has roles in environmental infection control and management
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants need to be physically fit to put on and remove Personal Protective Equipment, including the fit for a N95 respirator.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants upon achieving 75% attendance rate and passing all the prescribed assessments will be awarded the Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate).
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.