29 - 30 Oct 2020
07 Sep - 19 Oct 2020
7 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 12:30pm
Mode of Training:
This Executive Masterclass will deliver the following benefits:
- Better understanding of construction contracts and potential problems that can arise
- Deeper appreciation of main clauses that can cause problems, mitigate contractual risks and dispute management
This Executive Masterclass aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to better manage built environment contracts. Besides covering the rights and obligations of parties, contract provisions and handling disputes, participants will also be equipped with the tools to better safeguard their businesses from disputes arising from non-payment.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• List legal issues which may arise from certain contract terms and clauses (e.g. indemnities, insurance, payment, BGs, force majeure, LDs and termination)
• Describe what contractual requirements are in relation to claims
• Explain what are the obligations when assessing claims
• Apply extension of time from Contract
• Apply what Security of Payment Act (SOPA) covers in payment claims
• Manage disputes over variations vs contract works and devise a plan to mitigate the disputes
Business owners, decision makers, managers involved in projects/contracts, procurement, disputes and resolution
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should have basic English proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.