18 to 19 Nov 2021
01 Sep 2021 to 04 Nov 2021
7 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 12:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)
This Executive Masterclass will deliver the following benefits:
• Better understanding of construction contracts and potential problems that can arise
• Deeper appreciation of main clauses that can cause problems, mitigate contractual risks and dispute management
This Executive Masterclass aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to better manage built environment contracts. Besides covering the rights and obligations of parties, contract provisions and handling disputes, participants will also be equipped with the tools to better safeguard their businesses from disputes arising from non-payment.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• List legal issues which may arise from certain contract terms and clauses (e.g. indemnities, insurance, payment, BGs, force majeure, LDs and termination)
• Describe what contractual requirements are in relation to claims
• Explain what are the obligations when assessing claims
• Apply extension of time from Contract
• Apply what Security of Payment Act (SOPA) covers in payment claims
• Manage disputes over variations vs contract works and devise a plan to mitigate the disputes
Business owners, decision makers, managers involved in projects/contracts, procurement, disputes and resolution
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should have basic English proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.