|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
|6 to 8 Dec 2021||10 Aug to 8 Nov 2021||Facilitated Learning (F2F)||Ongoing|
24 hours / 3 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
In the duration of the course, participants are exposed to authentic aircraft piloting experience via static and full motion flight simulator. The full motion simulator is also an exact mockup of an A320 cockpit. The course instructors are current first
officers and captains from reputed airlines and thus they will be able to share valuable flying experience with the participants.
For participants with the intention of being a pilot, the instructors will also be able to provide valuable insight on how to embark in the journey to being a pilot.
This course provides participants with essential fundamental knowledge on the theory of flying, advanced aircraft operation principles and techniques which are abstracted from CAAS ATPL / SASP syllabus and regulation from IATA CBT Framework.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the basic theory of flight, basic aerodynamic of an aircraft, how an aircraft can achieve flight, the forces acting on the aircraft and basic flight control
2. Describe the operation of the various flight instrument within an aircraft
cockpit and explain how to read them
3. Explain the function of the various avionics system within the cockpit and explain how they work.
4. Introduce to the different types of aircraft like Piston powered, turboprops and jets aircraft
5. Describe and explain basic manoeuvring of an aircraft in flight
6. Explain the optimum envelope for Jet aircraft
7. Plan and create a flight plan that contain the flight route and information to navigate the aircraft to destination
8. Explain the communication method between pilot and Air Traffic Control (ATC) and how pilot collaborate with ATC to achieve safe flight operation.
9. Introduce to cockpit operation and familiarize learner on cockpit layout in the simulator
10. Explain and demonstrate via simulator on the entire process of aircraft operation starting from ground handling, take-off, basic aircraft maneuver (climbing, turning, etc.) reading of cockpit flight instrument and landing
Topics to be covered
1. Principle of Flight
2. Flight Instrument
3. Cockpit Avionics System
4. Introduction to aircraft type
5. Basic Manoeuvring of Aircraft
7. Communication with ATC
8. Flight Training using Static Simulator
9. Flight Training using Full Motion Simulator
Pilot - Trainee
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Literacy
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.