27 May 2022
07 Mar 2022 to 03 May 2022
8 hour / 1 day
8:30am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course aims to provide participants involved in fire safety duties at workplaces with updated information on the provisions of the fire safety legislations in Singapore, recap on the fundamentals and principles of fire safety design, roles and responsibilities of appointment holders and the operations of fire protection system and firefighting facilities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Interpret Fire Safety Legislations in Singapore
• Apply the Principles of Fire Safety Design
• Determine and Plan appropriate Fire Protection System and Firefighting facilities for different types of buildings
• Describe and recognise the Roles and Responsibilities of Appointed Holders related to Fire Safety
1. Overview of Fire Safety and Related Regulations
2. SCDF (Singapore Civil Defence Force) Tier-level for Premise with Petroleum and Flammable Materials
3. MOM (Ministry of Manpower) Safety Case and QRA (Quantitative Risk Assessment) Requirements
4. Fire Safety Permit and Certification Scheme
• Lodgement of Minor Addition/Alteration Works
• Submission Requirements for Change of Use
5. Group Activity 1 on Plan Submission Requirements (together with 2 Trainers)
• Erection of new walls and doors in approved fire compartment
• Selection and siting of portable fire extinguisher
• Siting and relocation of fire hose reel
6. Group Activity 2 on Plan Submission Requirements (together with 2 Trainers)
• Selection of fire detectors and its layout
• Fire sprinkler layout and its relocation
• Siting of cabinets for storage of flammable and combustible materials
7. Fire Safety Provisions for Institutional & Industrial Building
• Means of Escape, Travel Distance, Compartmentation
• Storage of Petroleum and Flammable Materials (PFM)
• Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) Requirements
• Consultation Process with SCDF
8. Key Changes in Fire Code 2018
Participants in the Building Facilities Management and Construction Industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes including attaining the following grades in:
• English Language - Minimum Grade D7
• Mathematics - Minimum Grade C6
• Physics/Physical Science/General Science - Minimum Grade C6
2. ITE Higher NITEC or Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
3. Full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate (minimum of 2 ‘H2’ and 2 ‘H1’ Level passes including General Paper)
4. Diploma (excluding Specialist Diploma) from local a polytechnic (SP/NP/NYP/RP/TP)
5. SIM Diploma in Management Studies
6. Degree from a local university
7. MOM Registered Workplace Safety Health Officer Certificate
8. FSMAS Certificate in Fire Safety Emergency Management Course (plus 5 GCE ‘O’ level passes in ANY subject)
9. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Mathematics) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Science
10. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Science) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Mathematics
11. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including Mathematics and Science) and passed the British Council’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or proficiency level 6 for all modules under the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) prescribed by Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 5 FSM CPD points will be awarded.
Full Fees (before GST): $480.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $10.08
GST payable for others: $33.60
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$432.00||$58.08|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$336.00||$154.08|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$336.00||$154.08|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$432.00||$58.08|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$513.60 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.