|Intake||Course Date||Days||Date of Examination||Registration Period|
|15||06 Jan - 24 Feb 2020||Mon & Wed||11 Mar 2020, Wednesday||06 Nov to 23 Dec 2019|
|16||07 Jan - 20 Feb 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|17||07 Jan - 20 Feb 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|18||06 Apr - 20 May 2020||Mon & Wed||10 Jun 2020, Wednesday||6 Feb to 23 Mar 2020|
|19||07 Apr - 21 May 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|20||07 Apr - 21 May 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|21||29 Jun - 17 Aug 2020||Mon & Wed||09 Sep 2020, Wednesday||29 Apr to 15 Jun 2019|
|22||30 Jun - 13 Aug 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|23||30 Jun - 13 Aug 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|24||28 Sep - 11 Nov 2020||Mon & Wed||09 Dec 2020, Wednesday||28 Jul to 14 Sep 2019|
|25||29 Sep - 12 Nov 2020||Tues & Thurs|
|26||29 Sep - 12 Nov 2020||Tues & Thurs|
1. Classes are not held during on public holidays or on long weekends when a public holiday falls on a Saturday or a Monday.
2. Your application will be reviewed before we offer you a placement in the course.
45 hours / 15 days
6:30pm to 9:30pm
Mode of Training:
The Fire Safety Act 1993 and Fire Safety Regulations 1994 require the appointment of Fire Safety Managers for designated properties. The amended FSM regulations gazetted on 13 Apr 2007 aims to make further improvements to the FSM scheme. This course prepares the participants to take on the role of a Fire Safety Manager. Upon completion, each participant will receive the Fire Safety Manager Certificate awarded by SCDF.
Understand the importance of fire safety, the installation and maintenance of fire safety systems, and the roles and responsibilities of a fire safety manager
- Behaviour of fire
- Fire Safety design – Fire Protection Systems
- Use ideation and creative thinking methods to design and develop solution prototypes
- Fire safety management – Fire Safety Act & Regulations
- Maintenance of Fire Protection System, Building Inspection & testing
Building Executives, Maintenance Officers, Property Managers, Facilities Managers, Strata Managers, Architectural Assistants, Civil Engineering Assistants, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Assistants, Building Services Engineering Assistants, Project Managers, Building owners and personnel responsible for fire safety and other related fields who are required to ensure that the property is in compliance with the latest Fire Safety Act and the Fire Safety Regulations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes including attaining the following grades in:
- English Language - Minimum Grade D7
- Mathematics - Minimum Grade C6
- Physics/Physical Science/General Science - Minimum Grade C6
- ITE Higher NITEC or Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
- Full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate (minimum of 2 ‘H2’ and 2 ‘H1’ Level passes including General Paper)
- Diploma (excluding Specialist Diploma) from local polytechnics (NP, NYP, RP, SP or TP)
- SIM Diploma in Management Studies
- Degree from local universities
- MOM Registered Workplace Safety Health Officer Certificate
- FSMAS Certificate in Fire Safety Emergency Management Course (plus 5 GCE ‘O’ level passes in ANY subject)
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Mathematics) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Science
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Science) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Mathematics
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including Mathematics and Science) and passed the British Council’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or proficiency level 6 for all modules under the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) prescribed by Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
If you do not meet the above mentioned entry requirements, you may submit your qualifications (Certificate and Results Transcript) with your name, email and telephone number to SCDF via Email : firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Fire Safety Manager Certificate will be issued by SCDF to every participant whose attendance is not less than 80% and passed the examinations.
Examination results and e-certificate will be released via email approximately 8 weeks after the date of the examination.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.