9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
This course is designed to equip participants with fundamental understanding on the architecture design, components assembly, motor drives & drive control and regenerative system of an electric vehicle (EV).
It covers the introduction of system modelling and simulation with high voltage safety implementation for better appreciation on EV charging processes. It further introduces basic maintenance on the power train system to equip participants with basic knowledge during scheduled maintenance; it imparts precautionary measures to handle emergency situation to avoid any unforeseen mishap. Lastly, the course will cover basic concepts of sensors, mapping for vehicle navigation, operation and control in autonomous electric vehicle.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe and summarise the information of the EV market and standards
• Interpret architecture design, components assembly, motor drives & drive control and regenerative system of an EV
• Explain system modelling and simulation of an EV bus network
• Explain high voltage safety and the EV charging processes
• Describe maintenance procedures and processes for power train system
• Identify ways to handle emergency situations
• Describe the role of sensors, mapping for vehicle navigation, operation and control of autonomous vehicles
Technician, Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Maintenance Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs ||Singapore Citizens ||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored ||1Sponsored by SME ||2Aged 40 and above |
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.