8-12 March 2021
25 January - 28 February 2021
*Registration will be closed once seats are full.
Monday to Thursday (8am to 5pm) & Friday (8am to 12pm)
Mode of Training:
The information provided from the course are aligned with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) Private Pilot License (PPL) examination providing participants the option to take the PPL examination administered by CAAS.
The objective of the Ground School Training Course is based on the concept of imparting participants with the theoretical knowledge about how an aircraft fly, the weather, air law, flight planning, etc. These are the information required by a pilot for piloting an aircraft.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the communication method between pilot and various parties
• Describe the rules & regulations that govern the air traffic
• Explain how human performance affect pilot in operating an aircraft
• Describe how an aircraft maneuver in flight
• Describe the operation of various mechanical systems of an aircraft
• Plan and create a flight plan that contain the flight route and information such as departure & arrival point, estimate time en route, alternate airport during bad weather, etc.
• Apply the technique to acquire and read weather data for flight planning and navigation purpose
• Navigate an aircraft from point to point without getting lost, breaking the laws applying to flying and safely with no injury cause to those on board and on ground.
Suitable for people who wish to learn piloting knowledge
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Literacy
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
|(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.