12 - 13 April 2021
22 Dec 2020 - 29 Mar 2021
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
This course will develop and extend your knowledge of the contractual terms in details and how to apply them in a practical manner. You will learn how to use the terms to your advantage. You will also understand the rights and obligations of the buyer and seller. This course will show you how usage of contractual terms can be a powerful tool in your international business dealing.
- Basic Law of Contract * What is a valid contract? * Conditions for offer and acceptance * Vitiating elements in a contract * What constitute a breach of contract?
- Incoterms 2020 * Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc * Understanding the obligations of buyer and seller * Incorporation of the trade terms into contract
- Shipping Documents * Understanding B/L and AWB and its implications * Operation of invoice and packing list * Certificate of origin and inspection
- Payment Conditions * Open account and advance payment *Applications of DA and DP * Step-by-Step operation of L/C *Irrevocable L/C
- Understanding UN-CISG * Scope of application * How a contract is formed? * Rules concerning the Sales of goods * Remedies of buyer and seller
- ICC contract model * Specific and general condition of the contract * Meaning of title and limitations of liability * How disputes are settled in international trade * How to apply the Force majeure clause
Shipping personnel, sales & marketing staff, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, purchaser, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.