24 - 25 Feb 2020
24 Jan - 10 Feb 2020
8:30am - 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
By the end of the course, learners will be able to understand:
• What 5G technology is and the difference as compared to 4G.
• Features, devices, services, applications, deployments and spectrum of 5G.
• 5G in relation to Singapore transformation towards a Smart Nation.
• How 5G can cause impact and provide opportunities to the industry.
• The infrastructure requirements and regulations.
This course aims to provide participants with a general overview of the new 5G wireless technology, its requirements and applications, future development and impact on the industry.
Participants will be able to understand the importance of 5G technology as an enabler of industrial transformation such as smart nation and autonomous transport solutions. They will also acquire basic knowledge to engage service provider to deploy 5G technology to enhance the efficiency, reliability and quality of their operations and services.
The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures, practical demonstration, hands-on simulation and interactive workshop.
|Topic||No. of Hours|
|A. Comprehensive Overview of 5G Technology||2|
|B. 5G Application & Impact to Industry||2|
|C. 5G Garage Demo.||4|
|D. Ecosystem Requirements for Effective Deployment||2|
|E. 5G and beyond||2|
|F. Design Thinking||4|
Breakdown of Duration of Modes of Delivery
|Modes of Delivery||No. of Hours|
* Facilitated Learning includes both lectures in a classroom and/or practical sessions in a workshop or laboratory.
Targeted Industries: Electronics, Engineering Services, Infocomm Technology, Logistics, Public Transport
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should have some basic awareness of infocomm technology.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.