Run 2) 13 to 14 Jul 2020 (Mon and Tue)
Run 3) 19 to 20 Oct 2020 (Mon and Tue)
Registration Period :
Run 3) Registration Period: From 15 April 2020 to 01 Oct 2020
Monday & Tuesday
8.30am to 5.30pm
Singapore Polytechnic, Blk T11B, Level 3, Room T11B301
What is this course about?
The field of food science & technology has a long history and it is fascinating how this field is still being applied today to produce the foods that we eat. Just what does the field of food science & technology covers and what are their applications?
This workshop will present an overview of food science and technology, focusing on the chemistry, product development and sensory evaluation techniques, food processing and preservation methods, food packaging techniques and food quality systems.
This workshop is suitable for those without prior knowledge of food science & technology and also for prospective entrepreneurs who is interested to venture into the food manufacturing businesses.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
1) Food Trends & Opportunities
2) Dairy and Its Applications
3) Food Additives
4) Sensory Science
5) Food components and Labelling
6) Food Packaging
7) Science of Food Processing & Preservation
8) Novel Food Processing Technologies
9) Overview of Food Safety Management Systems
*Please take note that course coverage may be subjected to change without prior notice.
Mode of Assessment
Participants are not required to sit for exams at the end of the course.
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
* Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.