Date of Course:
15 Nov to 16 Feb 2021
24 Aug to 20 Oct 2021
60 hours / 30 days
6:00pm to 8:30pm, Mon & Wed
Mode of Training:
Japanese 2 is the second of three Japanese modules. Participants who complete Japanese 1, 2 & 3 (or 180 hours) of Japanese language instruction may take an external language proficiency test - The Japanese Language Proficiency Test, Level 5 (JLPT 5).
Japanese 2 introduces participants to the Japanese language and its use in everyday situations. Participants will be able to identify the different systems in Japanese writing. Emphasis will be given to developing participants’ speaking and listening skills to communicate in simple Japanese. Participants will also be able to read elementary Japanese text and write short notes and letters.
• Music, sports and movies
• Inside the house
• Menu and ordering food
• Festivals in Japan
• Places in town
• At the station
• Withdrawing money
• Expressions ‘understand’, ‘like’ & ‘have’
• Determiners ‘what’ & ‘which’
• Expression of causal relationships ‘kara’ & ‘ga’
• Interrogative expression ‘doushite’
• Particles indicating place ‘ni’ & ‘de’
• Expression of confirmation ‘desu ka’
• More ‘na’ & ‘I’ adjectives
• Expression of frequency ‘how often’ & ‘how many’
• Past tense of noun sentences
• Expressions of comparison
• Expression of desires and wants ‘hoshi’ & ‘tai’
• Verb conjugation
• Verb groups I, II and III
• Granting permission
• Connecting verb sentences, ‘I’ adjective sentences &‘na’ adjective sentences
Participants who would like to develop basic reading, speaking, listening and writing proficiency in the Japanese language.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants must have had completed Japanese 1 before they are able to proceed with Japanese 2.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
If a participant…
- Fails the assessment but meets 75% attendance – participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
- Meets 75% attendance and passes the assessment - participant will receive a Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
Terms and Conditions
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.