11 Nov - 18 Feb 2022
24 Aug - 20 Oct 2021
60 hours / 30 days
6:00pm to 8:30pm, Thu & Fri
Mode of Training:
Online via Ms Teams
Korean 1 is the first of three Korean modules. Participants who complete Korean 1, 2 & 3 (or 180 hours) of Korean language instruction may take an external language proficiency test – the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) Basic.
Korean 1 introduces participants to the Korean language and its use in everyday situations. Participants will be able to read and write the Korean alphabet. Emphasis will be given to developing participants’ speaking and listening skills to communicate in simple Korean.
• Korean alphabet
• Numbers & counters
• Subject particles & Object particles
• Present tense & past tense
• Requests and prohibitions
Topics to be covered
• Greetings & self-introduction
• Numbers & money
• Phone numbers & dates
• Locations & directions
• Daily life
Participants who would like to develop basic reading, speaking, listening and writing proficiency in the Korean language.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Individuals with no prior knowledge of the Korean language.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
If a participant…
- Fails the assessment but meets 75% attendance – participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate)
- Meets 75% attendance and passes the assessment - participant will receive a Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate)
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.