Run 3 - 15 Nov 2019 (Friday)
Run 3 - From 22 Feb to 01 Nov 2019
7 hours / 1 day
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
Smartphones such as Android has become so powerful that it has become a handheld pocketable personal computer. This course will teach you how to get the most out of your Android smartphone and augment your learning experience with real apps downloaded from Google PlayStore.
How to navigate
• Learn to navigate using different gestures such as swiping, pinching in and out and panning
• Discover common User Interface controls such as sliders, buttons, labels, switchers
General features of your Android phone
• Learn about app notifications
• Learn to connect to WIFI network
• Learn to secure your device using fingerprints and PIN
Techniques to Maintain Phone and Manage Data
• Back up photos and phone contacts into Cloud
• Manage phone storage for storing app and personal data
• Monitor mobile data usage
• Update Phone and App software
• Install and Uninstall Apps from Google PlayStore
Message / Call your friends
• Introduction to WhatsApp
• Message your friends with emoji and handwritten messages.
• Make free international calls with WhatsApp
How to take awesome photos and videos
• Learn how to take photos and videos and capture that favorite moment
• Learn various photo techniques including HDR, object focus, burst mode, panorama mode
• Incorporate artificial reality into your photos
• Learn to combine your favorite moments into a collage
Make Digital Payments using Apps
• Understand the various digital payments available
• Set up digital payment system on your phone
• Learn how to pay using your phone
Going overseas with your Android Phone
• Understand how to prevent data roaming charges when you are overseas
• Find out how to take advantage of free WIFI hotspots and how to connect to them
This workshop is designed for participants who wants to use their Android phone more effectively.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$68.40 (incl. of GST)||$128.40 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please see Funding Incentives for more information.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.