Weekday Full Day Classes
Date of Course:
16 hours / 2 days
8:30am - 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Practical
In Singapore, the need for Lift maintenance has increased tremendously throughout the year. With the recent multiple cases of lift/escalators incidents raises the awareness of the public and voices were heard to impose and upgrade the system performance and safety. This has led BCA to impose more stringent regulation for maintenance and inspection of lifts.
In order to maintain the safety of the public, the Authorities, Lift industries and Education Institutes must work together to provide relevant trainings to the Lift personnel in order to upgrade, update and create awareness in the trade so as to maintain the integrity of this industry and to protect the general publics that uses the products.
The objective of this course is to impart participants with the basic technical knowledge and skills on lift engineering. This introductory course also aims at broadening the knowledge in management of lifts through academic and practical training.
By the end of the course, learners will be equipped with fundamental technical knowledge and skills on lift engineering; to engage lift workers on maintenance projects which include:
• Plan and Select Equipment for Lifts
• Describe the Components of Lifts
• Interpret and Apply Inspection & Functional Test Compliance (SS 550:2009)
• Interpret and Apply Periodic Maintenance and Examination Compliance (SS 550:2009)
• Apply Energy Efficiency Principles for Lifts
| Life Course|| Hours|
Fundamental Lift Planning and Selection of Equipment
- Overview of Code of Practices for lift
- Duties of lift owners, lift service contractor
- An overview of the various types of lifting systems and operations
Lift Components Overview
Machines room equipment
o Traction machine
o Control panel
o Guide rail
Lift Door Operator
o Door machine
o Door safety device
o Door configuration
Lift Car and Landing
o Indicator & Operation Board (OPB)
o Crosshead, Transom, Jamb
|C.||Inspection & Functional Test Compliance|
- Basic Electrical Installation Concepts
- Machine room inspection
- Test of safety circuits
- Hoisting and governor rope inspection and examination
- Lift well and equipment inspection and examination
- Balance point check
- Speed governor test
- Safety gear test
- Fire lift operation
- Emergency operation
|D.||Periodic Maintenance and Examination Compliance|
- Lift maintenance outcomes
- Periodic examination, test and inspection
- Examinations and tests after a major modification
- Periodic test of ARD and EBOPS
|E.||Energy Efficiency of Lifts|
- Traffic handling
- Maintenance and modernisation
|F.||Revision and Assessment||2|
| ||Total hours||16|
| ||Lecture = 8 hrs |
Lab/ practical = 6 hrs
Test/ discussion = 2 hrs
Facility managers, M&E consultants, Lift inspectors, Town council executives.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Lift technician 2 years in the lift industry or at least a Diploma holder or having equivalent qualification (which may include supervisory role- technical or admin.)
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
$513.60 (including GST)
$273.60 (including GST) after e2i funding (T&C applies)
e2i Funding Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents aged 21 years old and above will be eligible for 50% course fee grant.
Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance for the course and/or sit for any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work under the course.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.