13 to 17 September 2021
24 August to 10 September 2021
8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This course provides the knowledge, skill and understanding of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) and electronic charts to the thorough extent needed to safely navigate vessels whose primary means of navigation is ECDIS.
IMO Model Course 1.27(2012). The training will include (amongst others):
• The safe operation of ECDIS equipment;
• A thorough knowledge of the Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) & its use with navigation sensors;
• The interpretation and proper use of ECDIS related information and
• The knowledge of the capability & limitations of ECDIS as an aid to navigation.
• Many practical exercises, using a state-of-the-art Transas Marine NT PRO 5000 ECDIS simulator, are offered.
Our MPA Approved Generic ECDIS course has been designed for officers in charge of a navigational watch and for experienced nautical officers and other persons with navigational responsibilities.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Candidates intending to join the ECDIS course should:
1. Be not less than 18 years of age;
2. Hold a Certificate of Competency as a Navigating Officer (Deck Cadets who have satisfactorily completed an approved ENS course and preferably have participated in supervised Bridge watchkeeping duties for at least 6 months may be considered for the course);
3. Have adequate working knowledge of English (spoken & written) and
4. Have basic computer skills.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
ECDIS Certificate STCW Code Section A-II/1 (para 2) and Section B-II/1 (para 12.1).
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$133.10|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 ||$353.10|
|Singapore Permanent Residents||$353.10|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2 ||$133.10|
|Full Course Fee||$1,177.00|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here. 2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.